cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the oculus rift s for my son and can’t get it to work with his razer laptop

mish240
Honored Guest
so My son got a rift s for Christmas and we still can’t get it to work with his razer laptop.  Will it work? Or can he not use the rift?  I’ve ordered 4 different adapters and nothing fixes problem.  Can anyone help???? 
12 REPLIES 12

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Can you link us to his model or give us the specs of it ??
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Not sure what sort of adapters you’re trying, but if you’re hoping to go HDMI>DisplayPort, I think you’re out of luck. Oculus has stated that those won’t work, you really need a PC with a DisplayPort connection. I think some people have had success with Thunderbolt>DisplayPort or USB-C>DisplayPort, if you have either of those options on your laptop. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

mish240
Honored Guest
He has a razer blade 
It won’t let me post link here 

mish240
Honored Guest
I have tried HDMI to display port adapter and 2 different usbc to display port 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Do you know the model number ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

mish240
Honored Guest

RZ09-01953E73-R3U1

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ok then one with the 1060 card right, have you run the compatibility checker with it ? I see according to the website its VR ready.

mish240
Honored Guest
That’s what I thought too but it won’t work 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And the compatibility checker gives green ticks ???