New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Which Song/Artist/Album instantly reminds you of a video game?

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,879 Valuable Player
edited January 1 in Off-Topic
I will assume that there are some folks out there who, like me, can't help thinking of a specific video game any time a certain song plays or a certain artist performs. I thought of this the other day while trying to listen to the album, Megadeth - Rust in Peace during a gym workout. I wanted to hear something fast and energetic to help keep me motivated. But all I saw in my head the entire time was... Final Fantasy 1 gamplay.

And the reason is because that Megadeth album is all I listened to while playing Final Fantasy 1; in a constant loop while leveling up my characters. This was in 1990, and no amount of time has changed that fact.

I have other similar experiences with music, but this is the only one that is video game related.

Anyone else? Just me?
Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2
    Play this and you'll get it straight away ;) well at about 57 seconds lol

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,165 Valuable Player
    edited January 2
    I played Plants vs Zombies start to finish over a couple of days when Bonono's "Black Sands" had just been released, and I more or less had it on repeat the entire time. Especially the "We could forever" track gets the memories flowing :)

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,672 Valuable Player
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE
    Fallout every time!

I have the  New vegas fallout radio station in my Pandora account.
    Its amazing!

WAAAGH!
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,002 Volunteer Moderator
    There's a couple, but it's kind of cheating since the songs are from the game's soundtrack (such as all the Mexican hiphop songs from Total Overdose).

I don't normally listen to music when gaming, in fact I usually turn the game's music off to get less distractions from environmental audio. The two exceptions are Elite Dangerous and Euro Truck Sim 2, where I have spotify running. I guess the Blue Danube makes me think of Elite, but again that's because the earlier Elite games played it during docking sequences.

• morsifymorsify Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    edited January 2
    'Let it snow' (Dean Martin?) immediately makes me want to install Mafia 2 and play it right through again happens every Christmas. The song is playing at the start of a chapter when the player comes home from war. Great game, like being in a movie from start to finish. I've played it every Christmas the past three or four years.
    And always 'Blue Danube' - Elite.
    Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X, i7 9770K, 16GB DDR4, EVGA RTX2070XC 8GB Ultra Gaming, AOC 32" monitor, 2 x Inatek PCI USB controllers, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 64 Home
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,468 Volunteer Moderator
    Gary Numan - Metal... reminds my of the Hexen II mood music.

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.657)
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,672 Valuable Player
    Oh and listening to Judas Priest and Metalica is Doom.
    Because lets be honest they pretty much stole those riffs for the game.

WAAAGH!
    Megadeth did the Duke Nukem 3D theme song.

Back when I was in grade 5, my best friend had a C64 and we used to play a game called Journey To The Center Of The Earth. The game had a single song playing in a loop: House Of Fun by Madness.

My friend (and his whole family) were extremely religious. Luckily they never found out that the song was about a boy trying to buy condoms on his 16th birthday. :)

• pjennesspjenness Posts: 691
    Neo
    Has to be this one for me

The classical music ,  5 points if you can get the name
    In the hall of the mountain king

-P
    Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,073 Valuable Player
    Well....this soundtrack reminds me of Halo 2 for some reason...

😜😜😜😜😜😜
    pjenness said:
    The classical music ,  5 points if you can get the name
    Elite 2 Frontier also visited royalty in the corridoor. :)

The Intellivision game Scooby Doo's Maze Chase had Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor as it's theme music. Luckily it didn't loop it through the entire game.

• ganeshsaxenaganeshsaxena Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    you might be try this one spotify  where you dont need to do any other module check.. just go and grab it,