I have recently bought a Rift S along with sone games for VR on Steam (Beatsaber and No mans sky). Sadly I cant get these games to work..
SteamVR opens up just fine and works perfect. Its only when I open a Game that I bought on Steam that the Tracking stops working. I dont think that any
hardware causes this because I have been able to play both of my games a week ago. I am not sure what is the problem nor how to solve it. The Ports on my PC certainly arent the cause of this as I tried the DisplayPort and USB 3.0 with other devices and they work. I have tried using OpenVR but I'm not sure if I used it correctly. More Information below. Thanks in advance!
Things I have tried:
- Restart PC
- Restart the Oculus software
- Restart Steam
- Using OpenVR
- Using different DisplayPort and USB 3.0 ports
- Clean the Rift's sensors
- Made sure the cables (both on the PC and the Rift) are fully plugged in
- repair and reinstalling Oculus
- reinstalling games and SteamVR
Error messages I gave Recieved from the Oculus Software:
- The DisplayPort cable isnt connected to your Headset
- Your Headset lost Tracking
Error messages I gave Recieved from Steam:
- Error "-204"
- A critical error has ocurred
- 16GB Ram
- 500GB SSD
- Ryzen 5 2600 6 core
- GTX 1070