cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Introduces VRSS for Turing cards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice to see VR getting some love from Nvidia.
May be some good things in this - although currently only available for around 20 games that have been tested and approved by Nvidia.
This is a game specific feature, and if the game has been tested/approved by Nvidia the VRSS feature will be in the Nvidia Control Panel Profile for the game.

Alongside the frame rate limit, this driver also includes Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS). This improves image quality in VR games by separating shading rate and resolution to improve different parts of the frame that you’re focused on in VR

Only works with Turing (RTX) cards. Included with Nvidia driver 441.87.
 More info at Nvidia.com.
I believe I saw where Boneworks is supported for this feature ( I do not have it).
Hopefully Nvidia will get more games tested and approved for this feature soon.

From the release notes:

Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS) is a new technique to improve image quality in VR games. It
uses NVIDIA Variable Rate Shading (VRS), a key feature in NVIDIA’s Turing architecture, to
dynamically apply up to 8x supersampling to the center of the VR headset display, where the eye is
typically focused. It intelligently applies supersampling only when GPU headroom is available in
order to maintain the VR headset’s fixed FPS and ensure a smooth VR experience. Enable the
feature for over 20 supported VR games from the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings-
>Variable Rate Super Sampling.

1 REPLY 1

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Cool new feature.