cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with installing oculus

jimmy_forsberg_
Sightseer
i,ve seen the topics about this problem but when will it be fixed because i'm not so good at computers and don't know how i can install it now that it won't work the regular way. It needs to happen fast because windows release updates very often and if you are gonna keep up so this doesn't happen again it needs to be solved very soon 
7 REPLIES 7

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
Hi,
I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but this is the community forum. If you want help solving a problem you should submit a support ticket. Just google search "Oculus Support Ticket".

jimmy_forsberg_
Sightseer
i cant install the oculus rift setup. it says there was a problem with the istallation every time i try... 

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

i cant install the oculus rift setup. it says there was a problem with the istallation every time i try... 

Thats not enough information.  We weed to know everything about your computer from what version of windows you have right though to what mainboard and GPU you have.  As it is no one can help you.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

jimmy_forsberg_
Sightseer
it worked before and i havnt used it for 7 months and when i tried to start it up again it wouldnt start. so i tried to reinstall the app but it fails to install… i have everything that it needs and i know how to install the headset... its the oculus app itself that fails 

jimmy_forsberg_
Sightseer
dkuwwa882vga.jpg

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
unplug the usb for the headset, uninstall the app, run ccleaner to clean the registry reboot. download the latest reinstall and provided there are no issues in device manager it should work.  I had loads of problems when I first installed mine.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Crispcritter
Honored Guest
Thank you. I have my Rift S back for now. For about 5 min. Now it's back to the usual , display port restart loop.