New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift S black screen crashes and static noise

MakaruaMakarua Posts: 3
NerveGear

Hi,

I am having a problem with my new Oculus Rift S in which it will black screen randomly and i will hear a static noise as it does this. The system crashes on any game, and has been occurring at any time between 10 minutes after booting up the game, to 3 hours after booting up the game. Sometimes when the crash occurs I get a windows notification saying that the DisplayPort isn’t connected, but this doesn’t happen every time the system crashes.

Options used to try and rectify the situation which have failed:

·         Uninstalled and reinstalled the Oculus Software.

·         Repair the Oculus Software.

·         Uninstalled and reinstalled SteamVR.

·         Checked that SteamVR and oculus software are up to date which they are.

·         Checked that Windows 10 is up to date which it is.

·         Checked that my GPU driver is up to date which it is.

·         Checked that USB drivers are up to date which they are.

·         Tried every USB Socket on my laptop

·         Turned off Power Saving mode in Device Manager for all the USB sockets.

·         Disabled USB selective suspend setting in the Windows Power Options.

·         Checked the DisplayPort wire is properly connected to my laptop

·         Checked that the DisplayPort wire connection in the headset is connected properly.

·         Turned off Kaspersky

·         Turned off Razer Cortex Boost ( Which did stop the SteamVR games lagging )

·         Ran the Oculus software in Administrator.

·         Turned the volume on the Oculus Rift S down to 20% ( As some websites stated that loud noises can cause this problem)

·         Restarted the Oculus Service.

·         Restarted the Oculus Runtime Service.

These are my Laptops specifications:

GPU : NVIDIA GeGorce GTX 1060

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Memory: 16GB

Motherboard: MSI  MS-1785

Comments

• Rtas_Rtas_ Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem, except i hear a very high pitched buzzing before the ensuing black screen and tv static noise. Still waiting on a response from oculus support, however i believe it may have something to do with the latest oculus software update.
  • MakaruaMakarua Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Rtas_ said:
    I have the same problem, except i hear a very high pitched buzzing before the ensuing black screen and tv static noise. Still waiting on a response from oculus support, however i believe it may have something to do with the latest oculus software update.
    What PC/Laptop do you have and what graphics card do you have ?
  • DewDurtTeaDewDurtTea Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited January 31
    I have this exact same issue and have also tried most of the things OP has listed.