I am having a problem with my new Oculus Rift S in which it will black screen randomly and i will hear a static noise as it does this. The system crashes on any game, and has been occurring at any time between 10 minutes after booting up the game, to 3 hours after booting up the game. Sometimes when the crash occurs I get a windows notification saying that the DisplayPort isn’t connected, but this doesn’t happen every time the system crashes.
Options used to try and rectify the situation which have failed:
· Uninstalled and reinstalled the Oculus Software.
· Repair the Oculus Software.
· Uninstalled and reinstalled SteamVR.
· Checked that SteamVR and oculus software are up to date which they are.
· Checked that Windows 10 is up to date which it is.
· Checked that my GPU driver is up to date which it is.
· Checked that USB drivers are up to date which they are.
· Tried every USB Socket on my laptop
· Turned off Power Saving mode in Device Manager for all the USB sockets.
· Disabled USB selective suspend setting in the Windows Power Options.
· Checked the DisplayPort wire is properly connected to my laptop
· Checked that the DisplayPort wire connection in the headset is connected properly.
· Turned off Kaspersky
· Turned off Razer Cortex Boost ( Which did stop the SteamVR games lagging )
· Ran the Oculus software in Administrator.
· Turned the volume on the Oculus Rift S down to 20% ( As some websites stated that loud noises can cause this problem)
· Restarted the Oculus Service.
· Restarted the Oculus Runtime Service.
These are my Laptops specifications:
GPU : NVIDIA GeGorce GTX 1060
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Motherboard: MSI MS-1785