New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

After update oculus link not working

deathramentdeathrament Posts: 2
NerveGear
Says a quest software update is required for oculus link beta. Install the update from the about section of your setting in your headset.
But in my headset there is no update showing. I opted out of the public test channel but that did nothing.

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,526 Valuable Player
    edited January 8
    Says a quest software update is required for oculus link beta. Install the update from the about section of your setting in your headset.
    But in my headset there is no update showing. I opted out of the public test channel but that did nothing.
    The new Beta - PTC version 13 which came out today for Rift, is incompatible for Link with Quest which is on version 12.
    Quest is not on the PTC channel.
    If you want to use Link , you will need to unsubscribe from the Rift PTC which will roll  you back to Version 12.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • ardazeytinardazeytin Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    dburne said:
    The new Beta - PTC version 13 which came out today for Rift, is incompatible for Link with Quest which is on version 12.
    Quest is not on the PTC channel.
    If you want to use Link , you will need to unsubscribe from the Rift PTC which will roll  you back to Version 12.
    It works. Thanks.
  • MauriMYDMauriMYD Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    How can I back to 12?

• sal.carreirosal.carreiro Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I rolled back to 12 but the link cable isn't reading, the PC says it is connected but the Quest said not connected to PC.I tried to reboot both, while connected, while not connected.
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 518
    Neo
    MauriMYD said:
    How can I back to 12?

Opt out of the PTC and you will be on version 12. 
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 518
    Neo
    I rolled back to 12 but the link cable isn't reading, the PC says it is connected but the Quest said not connected to PC.I tried to reboot both, while connected, while not connected.
    Have you linked it before, or is this your first time ? Many people have to use the Inateck USB card that is linked in my signature. 
  • BonOrbitzBonOrbitz Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had the same issue after updating the drivers. This is what I did and Link is working now:
    1) Turn off Public Test Channel under Settings > Beta
    2) Restart the Oculus software.
    3) After letting the software site for a few minutes, a notification popped up saying that an update available.
    4) After updating, I restarted the headset and it's registering as connected and Link is working as intended.

I hope this helps!
  • tpg.sabibo00.questtpg.sabibo00.quest Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    This is not working for me - I opted out of PTC but I don't think it rolled me back
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    This is not working for me - I opted out of PTC but I don't think it rolled me back

It will not happen automatically the whole process.
    After you disable PTC a notification appear that a software download have started, after it finishes to download a message must pop up to install it. If no such thing happen try do a repair of the Oculus software from control panel or the OculusSetup.exe itself.
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link
  • TriangledTriangled Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks for the advice in this thread, folks. After 13.0 software update, Oculus Link is no longer recognized by my PC. I am NOT opted into the PTC. The software did not roll back. I tried "repairing" the software via the installer. This re-downloaded the 7 gigbyte app. Still no luck.

When I plug in my headset, it "connects," but when I put on the headset and click on the "Use Oculus Link with PC" button within the headset app, the PC software displays a red banner and says, "Your Oculus Software requires and update. Update Now" When I click on the Update Now text, nothing happens. The only change is that I'm taken to the tab that shows all my recent updates. No new software seems to be available on the PC end, but Link seems to require it to run.

Huge bummer! No more PC VR via Quest until this is fixed, I guess. Anyone have any more suggestions? Feel like I've tried everything.
  • op_loliop_loli Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Triangled said:
    Thanks for the advice in this thread, folks. After 13.0 software update, Oculus Link is no longer recognized by my PC. I am NOT opted into the PTC. The software did not roll back. I tried "repairing" the software via the installer. This re-downloaded the 7 gigbyte app. Still no luck.

When I plug in my headset, it "connects," but when I put on the headset and click on the "Use Oculus Link with PC" button within the headset app, the PC software displays a red banner and says, "Your Oculus Software requires and update. Update Now" When I click on the Update Now text, nothing happens. The only change is that I'm taken to the tab that shows all my recent updates. No new software seems to be available on the PC end, but Link seems to require it to run.

Huge bummer! No more PC VR via Quest until this is fixed, I guess. Anyone have any more suggestions? Feel like I've tried everything.
    Same problem
  • ApehjerneApehjerne Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Exactly the same issue here. Been in ongoing contact with support, but no resolve.
  • erasmushurterasmushurt Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    I'm having a similar issue. It won't work after the update. I have 13.0 on the quest, I tried both opting in and out of the PTC on the PC but neither worked. I was able to get the connect to link message after opting in but it would just give me a black screen every time and then it would stop working.
    Brain Burst
    @erasmushurt It look like many of us are experiencing the exact same "symptoms" regarding this issue, even down to the in-out of PTC and the black screen.
    Anyway - I have been in contact with support since yesterday, and if they actually manage to help me resolve this at some point I will get back to you here and explain what I did to make Link work again.
  • Should_be_BlueShould_be_Blue Posts: 11
    Brain Burst
    edited February 6
    Same here too. PC is delayed for V13 and PTC V14 also does not work.Oculus said in their release notes V14 PTC will work with Quest V13 and Oculus Link....but thats not true. Support also said, PTC V14 will work for the most users...i dont think so. Advice from Support: Uninstall my Security (Antivirus + Firewall) and leave PC defenceless to get maybe V13 for PC. Seriously??!

I enrolled to PTC and got V14. I have un-enrolled PTC and i got back V12. I have deinstalled Oculus Software and installed with new downloaded install file...and i bet you know it....i got V12 again.

The main issue is, the oculus Devs messed up again. Why it´s still not possible to roll out updates nearly at the same time? Or even made an rollback option for Quest? I know its beta and there ARE issues, but so many people using Quest just because Link option. So many people also bought the high price Link Cable. And Oculus Devs knowing, Ocululs Link will not work, as long they not rolling out Quest and PC software nearly at the same time.

And it´s not the first time they cause this trouble and chaos. On V12 for example i got it first on PC and Quest was delayed like hell. Result the same: Oculus Link stopped working. I dont mind if  in beta are issues like stuttering and something like that. But i mind that´s always not working because of really bad decisions of the Devs. Which surely could avoid.

All what Oculus can advice is to leave PC defenceless or be patient for maybe 1-2 weeks to got V13 anyways. Come on Oculus!

• MrBMTMrBMT Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    If Link previously worked for you and you're using v13 Quest software and the v14 PTC PC software, give this a try, it fixed it for me.
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
    Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable
    Brain Burst
    MrBMT said:
    If Link previously worked for you and you're using v13 Quest software and the v14 PTC PC software, give this a try, it fixed it for me.

I gave it i tried 2 times...as i mentioned: PTC V14 also does not working. With PTC V14 i can activate Oculus Link, but it stopped working immediately.

Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 6
    MrBMT said:

I gave it i tried 2 times...as i mentioned: PTC V14 also does not working. With PTC V14 i can activate Oculus Link, but it stopped working immediately.
    You didn't mention anything about changing the Encode Resolution Width through Oculus Debug tool, so I'm not sure where you "mentioned" it?
    Either way, if you get kicked back to the Oculus Home screen a few seconds after activating link, as I mentioned in my post that's a different issue.
    This would only help if you already had Link working properly all the time before the update; based on your post history, it seems you did not.
    Being kicked back to the Quest Home screen is generally a sign of a dodgy cable, or not enough power being sent through the cable. If you're using a USB A to USB C cable, you might want to consider connecting it to an active extension cable which you plug in to an external power supply, or connecting it to a powered USB 3.0 or higher hub.
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
    Brain Burst
    Being kicked back to the Quest Home screen is generally a sign of a dodgy cable, or not enough power being sent through the cable.
    I am experiencing the same issue as seemingly everyone else here, including the black screen and being sent back to the Quest Home screen. Don't know about others, but I am using the Anker USB C - USB 3.1 cable. Nothing dodgy about that (even charging the Quest while in use, which is unexpected), and it worked perfectly until the update.
    Brain Burst
    MrBMT said:
    MrBMT said:

You didn't mention anything about changing the Encode Resolution Width through Oculus Debug tool, so I'm not sure where you "mentioned" it?
    Either way, if you get kicked back to the Oculus Home screen a few seconds after activating link, as I mentioned in my post that's a different issue.
    This would only help if you already had Link working properly all the time before the update; based on your post history, it seems you did not.
    Being kicked back to the Quest Home screen is generally a sign of a dodgy cable, or not enough power being sent through the cable. If you're using a USB A to USB C cable, you might want to consider connecting it to an active extension cable which you plug in to an external power supply, or connecting it to a powered USB 3.0 or higher hub.

Well, i was aware of the resolution width. It was at 2912 on V12 but for PTC V 14 i have changed that to 2784 and some other lower width.

Yes Link worked before Quest turns to V13 fine.

About the cable: I am using that original Link Cable of oculus. I also tried a before working Anker cable.

I am not using USB C to A - i am using USB C with original cable right now.

I am happy you find out a work arround which is working for you, but its not working for all.

Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 6
    That sucks then, the v14 PTC update just seems to be pretty bad in general at the moment and lots of people seem to be having some issue or another with it; here's hoping they fix the issues including whatever is now causing yours before they make it a non-beta release.
    If you haven't already, I'd advise you to submit a support ticket to see if there's anything the support staff can suggest to fix it for you.
    Brain Burst
    MrBMT said:
    That sucks then, the v14 PTC update just seems to be pretty bad in general at the moment and lots of people seem to be having some issue or another with it; here's hoping they fix the issues including whatever is now causing yours before they make it a non-beta release.
    If you haven't already, I'd advise you to submit a support ticket to see if there's anything the support staff can suggest to fix it for you.

I am in contact with support staff since yesterday. Well last advice was to uninstall my security and leave pc defenceless for hoping to get V13 for PC.

Brain Burst
    I gave the "Encode Resolution Width" routine a shot, which didn't work for me. Back to the Oculus app repair process once again and wait for the v13 to show up at some point, whenever that might be. Lovely. **** you, Oculus.
    Art3mis
    Not sure how you people get v14 because when i did update it went like this.
    First it updated Oculus Quest to v13 after this update i open then Oculus app on PC, it was v12 and a message in red that an 'Oculus app needs update', so i press that Update with link in it but nothing about Oculus update show in the app list, so i went in settings and enabled PTC which have triggered the update of the Oculus app to download, i went and check 'Whats New' and it show v13 and i did update, after this i got another pop up in blue color in Oculus app which said something like 'Your drivers must be updated so your device will work' i did that and link is working but i have a issue with no audio when link is used did not tested today to see maybe i needed PC to restart or something related.
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link
    Hiro Protagonist
    @iTesla8 the release notes shown when you select What's new? during the Oculus software update are incorrect, if you enable the PTC it actually installs the v14 Software and you can confirm this by selecting Settings -> General and scrolling to the bottom you will see it says: Oculus app version 14.0.0.50.710 (14.0.0.50.710)
    The no audio issue is something else altogether and something I've seen discussed a few times elsewhere on the forums many times - not related to the v14 software specifically however. It just seems to be a general problem that happens to some people.
    Brain Burst
    iTesla8 said:
    Not sure how you people get v14 because when i did update it went like this.
    By enrolling to PTC you automatically get the v14 update, even though the "What's new" info tells you otherwise. No wonder this is making users (myself included) so confused and frustrated, as they don't give the slightest crap about informing us users on what's going on. If your Quest is on v13 and your Oculus Windows app is at v12, you're out of luck and will just have to wait until v13 comes your way. If you are on PTC, you are most likely out of luck as well. Some have gotten v14 to work on their system, but it appears that most have not.

This is not a good look for Oculus, to put it mildly.
    Art3mis
    OMG i did not see it is v14 i now check and it is indeed v14 i was in a rush to test yesterday to play that i have missed this detail, now i looked in the Debug Tool and Encode Resolution is set to 0 maybe this is why link was working, cause people report this to be the fix for Link not working.
  • ijawshwaijawshwa Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Oculus gear vr not downloading on my samsung 8. Wtf?

• ReplectReplect Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.537 {!ERROR!} [RemoteHeadset] matchCount != kVirtualDeviceCount
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.749 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] VolumeControl::findDevice() Headphones device not found
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.749 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.749 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] VolumeControl::initialize() can't find virtual audio headphones!
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.749 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.749 {!ERROR!} [RemoteHeadset] Failed to create volume control. Result=-1002.
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.757 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] WinUsb_WritePipe(handle:0x0000000000000000, ep:255, len:1024) failed: (6) Das Handle ist ung�ltig.
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.757 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.757 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] sendHaptic failed with 13 (Stream terminated? Failed to write schema to topic: I/O error)
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.757 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.757 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] Failed to send haptic: -1002
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.777 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] Reference to topic is NULL in enum XrspResult __cdecl XrspTopicWrite(struct XrspTopic *,const void *,unsigned __int64): topic
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.777 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.777 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] XrspTopicWrite(sliceTopics_[sliceIndex], &header2, sizeof(header2)) failed with reslut=6 (topic does not exist).
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.777 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.777 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] failed to send frame. result=-1002
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.783 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] Failed to process frame. result=-1002
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.783 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.938 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] getAudioControl failed on 0 call with 13 (Stream terminated? Insufficient data returned to read schema: I/O error) after reading 0
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.938 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] getAudio failed with 13 (Stream terminated? Insufficient data returned to read schema: I/O error)
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.938 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.938 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.938 {!ERROR!} [RemoteHeadset] Error getting audioControlfrom session. Result=-1002.
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.960 {!ERROR!} [RemoteHeadset] Error getting hands from session. Result=-1002.
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.960 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] getTracking failed with 13 (Stream terminated? Insufficient data returned to read schema: I/O error)
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.960 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.960 {!ERROR!} [RemoteHeadset] Error getting hand skeleton data chunk from session. Result=-1002.
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.960 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:38.960 {!ERROR!} [RemoteHeadset] Error getting tracking from session. Result=-1002.
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:39.105 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] failed to initialize session when calling sessionWillInitialize: unknown error (21)
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:39.105 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
    [Service_2020-02-06_17.19.14.txt] 06/02 17:37:39.231 {!ERROR!} [RemoteHeadset] matchCount != kVirtualDeviceCount
    These are the errors in the log I get when I try to start link now after the new version (v13 Quest and v14 PC). I made sure that I looked at the exact time when I activated Link, so I'm sure the errors are related to the issue. I've tested it twice that way and the errors seem to be the same each time.

• ZitronenarztZitronenarzt Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited February 6
    I say it in general. Update 13 is a disaster for "link". 
    On my Youtube channel I only have comments with error messages. 
    I myself cannot test anything because neither of my "Oculus Quest"
     glasses can find an update. Messages like: USB cable no longer 
    works. - PC and Quest Version 13 on both devices you still get 
    the message that an update must be made. Aborts from the link 
    connection. Public Test Channel is already at version 14. 
    Version 13 is already on the computer and the quest does not update.
     People are extremely angry in the comments. It's a mess.
    You are welcome to look at what people write. But is in German.

youtu.be/E5u0Dttj_9o