cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Please Restart and Contact Support" Oculus Setup Installation failure that persists

Mayaank_Pillai
Sightseer
Hello, I am trying to set up my Oculus Rift DK2 with the new runtime using the setup utility. However, I keep getting the error message which asks me to restart my computer and then contact support if the problem persists. So far I have tried:

1. Disabling all firewalls and system scanners
2. Running as administrator
3. Checking Windows registry if permissions need to be reordered
4. Installing on a different drive
5. Reinstalling windows while keeping all my files
6. Reinstalling Windows while keeping nothing
7. System resetting Windows to a factory new state
8. Making sure my graphics driver is up to date
9. Installing on a Virtual Machine. This actually worked, but I don't think I can get the installed drivers and applications to run on my normal PC from the VM. 

Nothing has worked so far except for the VM. Attached are the log files for the setup.

This is where the error seems to have occurred:

[Debug] [1/8/2020 5:45:13 PM] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallShortcutsStep' succeeded.
[Debug] [1/8/2020 5:45:13 PM] Setting installed release channel to 'LIVE'.
[Debug] [1/8/2020 5:45:13 PM] Install 'Dawn.Setup.CreateRegistryKeysStep' succeeded.
[Info] [1/8/2020 5:45:13 PM] Driver version from supplied version file: 1.43.0.000008
[Error] [1/8/2020 5:45:23 PM] Process C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe exited with code -1 (failure).
[Debug] [1/8/2020 5:45:23 PM] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallDriversStep' failed.
[Warning] [1/8/2020 5:45:23 PM] Rolling back installation.
[Debug] [1/8/2020 5:45:30 PM] Process C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe exited with code 0 (success).
[Debug] [1/8/2020 5:45:30 PM] Uninstall 'Dawn.Setup.InstallDriversStep' succeeded.
[Debug] [1/8/2020 5:45:30 PM] Uninstall 'Dawn.Setup.CreateRegistryKeysStep' succeeded.
[Debug] [1/8/2020 5:45:30 PM] Uninstall 'Dawn.Setup.InstallShortcutsStep' succeeded.

I would really appreciate any help in getting the DK2 up and running. 
3 REPLIES 3

DestoveI
Honored Guest
hello i buy a second hand oculus dk2 and i got the same error [Error] [1/8/2020 20:41:56 PM] Process C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe exited with code -1 (failure).

Mayaank_Pillai
Sightseer
@Destovel I fixed it by installing on a new account with admin privileges and making sure the DK2 isn't plugged in when installation occurs. Also make sure the drive you're installing it on a basic disk not a dynamic disk. 

DestoveI
Honored Guest
thanks for the fast response . now its working . i have try with new account  with my oculus unplugued for the instalation and its work with my 2 windows account . thanks you