New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Brand new Oculus Go overheating

BlueJarheadBlueJarhead Posts: 1
NerveGear
Brand new Oculus go overheating after about 30 minutes of use. The unit is not plugged in. Not streaming video. Using the browser interface, and another app that accesses Google maps and 360 views. Unusual for unit to overheat like this I would think?

I have ordered a CPU fan from Amazon, and plan to attach it to the front of the unit to try to cool it. But this seems to be excessive heating?

Can someone from Oculus please comment, and describe why this is happening?

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,734 Valuable Player
    If you want support I suggest you contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  Mine only gets warm under normal use or if I use it with the charger plugged in when battery levels are lower than ~80%.  Maybe fully charge yours before using it.  Also, try removing that outside app and see if that helps.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.