cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus rift keeps disconnecting and reconecting in game error

rickster007
Honored Guest
oculus rift keeps disconnecting while playing any vr game. I checked all cables and plugged in different ports. every 20mins-2hours I get a message saying to please check your hdmi cable and restart oculus. there was another forum of people who had the same issue recently and I can not find that forum. 
1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @rickster007 , I'm sorry to hear you're getting disconnects with your Rift. If you haven't already, please try removing the headset cable and re-connecting it. It may just be bad connection on the headset. You'll need to remove the facial interface to access the cable. While you have it removed, I also recommend checking to see if any pins appear bent or damage on the cable. If you headset cable has kinks or bends in it, try manipulating the cable around those areas to see if there is any change. This would give you a better idea if it is just the cable itself. I also recommend checking that none of the USB power saving features in the Windows Device Manager. Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com/ if you need more help. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!