New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift s software loop

BrogleiBroglei Posts: 1
NerveGear
My rift s arrived around a week ago and worked for a day and a half I have heard great things about it and would hate to return it but this is my last resort whether it be an explanation of why or a solution on how to fix, my oculus rift s has been in a software update loop for 3 is days now it says software update required restart now and... nothing it just requests I do it again, and again, and again this has been a major problem and nobody I know has an oculus rift s so I have no baseline for this

Tagged:

Answers

• VR2018FRVR2018FR Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    edited January 11
    several people are in your situation and oculus does nothing,  support gave no answer to me or anybody ! shitty firmware, shitty hardware, shitty company !  

As I previously stated the headset works fine on a offline computer since october (that's the latest software update on date for that PC ) and its firmware is 2.0. 

firmware 2.2 just crashed everything, 

Thank you for reaching out to Oculus Support. A support ticket ) has been created for you.

We aim to respond to your request within 2 business days. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

We look forward to being of service to you.

If you have additional questions or comments, reply to this email or click the link below:

• BraverThoughtBraverThought Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    edited January 11
    yea, i have that issue for just over a month now, i put in a ticket to get the info for a refund and they responded that they are working on the issue and will get back to me in 4-5 business days. i got that today, i sent the email a week ago.. it was an automated response it seems. 
  • VR2018FRVR2018FR Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    several people are in your situation and oculus does nothing,  support gave no answer to me or anybody ! shitty firmware, shitty hardware, shitty company !  

Thank you for reaching out to Oculus Support. A support ticket (#106****) has been created for you.

We aim to respond to your request within 2 business days. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

We look forward to being of service to you.

If you have additional questions or comments, reply to this email or click the link below:

• Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 322
    Art3mis
    I had problems when I first installed it, problems with updating the firmware and stuff - not syncing the controllers etc... I just kept rebooting the computer until it worked.  Not had a problem since, but the initial install and updates were very off putting, and I initially thought my VR PC was not up to snuff.

It also did not help that the Trident 3's dedicated VR port is HDMI - I don't know what prompted the change (I'm new to VR) but I wish they included an adapter cable.
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    Oculus Quest 128GB (Loving it too)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Oculus app version 14.0.0.83.710 (14.0.0.83.710)