New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can we remap Virtual Desktop ?

LordZeroGameMasterLordZeroGameMaster Posts: 8
NerveGear
 I still don't get how to make it work, i try to click or double click and instead it opens a menu like RMB.

Can't we get a proper left, right, middle mouse button using the controller themselves ? There are plenty of buttons. 

Is a pain having to remove my HMD in order to navigate folders and starting games on my desktop 

Comments

• hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 713
    Trinity
    last i used my rift cv1 virtual desktop worked fine, about a month ago. i use the m/k setup in virtual desktop. if you use quest i dont know how that would work, maybe using the link its no different to the pc idk.
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 492
    Trinity
    I use Virtual Desktop weekly (sometimes everyday in the week) and I don't have any issues. It's not the software.
    Check the main window, there's a lot of input options: "touch inputs", "Xbox controllers", ... Just in case you don't know, "touch inputs" means tactile inputs, not Oculus Touch. It could be your problem, as tactile controls can take you by surprise if you don't know them.

Also, you should try and contact Guy Godin directly, he's usually responsive, and pretty nice.
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
  • Protocol7Protocol7 Posts: 320
    Trinity
    Do you mean Virtual Desktop by Guy Godin or the built-in Oculus virtual desktop? With Guy Godin's app you can use the buttons, A is left click, B is right click. I have "Use Touch Input" deselected. With the built-in Oculus virtual desktop you can also use A to left click.