New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

my Oculus quest screen keeps spinning out

pupielifepupielife Posts: 2
NerveGear
I got an oculus quest for Christmas, and I love it so much, so I wanted to show it to my friends. While my friend was playing Vader immortal the headset fell off his head and onto the ground. Now every time I turn it on the screen spins. I did a factory reset but that didn’t help. I think it’s a problem with the gyroscope orienting itself. There are no repair shops in my state and I don’t know what to do. Please help.

Answers

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 620
    Neo
    Think you’ll need to contact Oculus support with this one https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If something has been damaged internally, it may work out cheaper to buy another one than have Oculus repair it. 
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    Not a good begin of experience with Oculus, as i m technician i can say from dropped smartphones most of times there happen microcracks at solder joints of components, if the device is out of waranty because of user fault find a microelectronic 3rd party technician in other state to investigate and repair it for you, but most of them will not look inside due to lack of schematic and other repair information related to the specific device.
    Did you try to shut down and then power on again?

My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link
  • pupielifepupielife Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    iTesla8 said:
    Not a good begin of experience with Oculus, as i m technician i can say from dropped smartphones most of times there happen microcracks at solder joints of components, if the device is out of waranty because of user fault find a microelectronic 3rd party technician in other state to investigate and repair it for you, but most of them will not look inside due to lack of schematic and other repair information related to the specific device.

Thank you for the help, I’ve tried shutting it down and powering it on multiple times. I greatly appreciate your assistance 
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 869
    3Jane
    Imu is certainly damaged, contact support they might rma it
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    pupielife said:
    iTesla8 said:

Thank you for the help, I’ve tried shutting it down and powering it on multiple times. I greatly appreciate your assistance 

Contact Oculus support by ticket as suggested by @enigma01 if they can't help or is expensive to fix then your option remain to find a 3rd party microsoldering technician, there are a couple of great tech that do apple repairs in US i m sure they can handle any type of device repairs you can find them on ifixit site or on youtube because they also do repair videos.
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link