New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The OFFICIAL Post Your Photos Thread

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,022 Valuable Player
edited January 12 in Off-Topic
Seeing as some people requested it here it is. Post some cool photos you took and try and post what camera you used. Nerdy settings you used is optional. I think people can get great photos from phone cameras these days without all the technobabble. Anyhow here's some of my recent. Just learning to use the Nikon P1000.

Moon photo taken today by hand actually. Good Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction). The others, you wanted wife photos well here are some. Note she doesn't normally wear a face mask. That is a product [Airinum Air Mask] I am currently reviewing.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,022 Valuable Player
    edited January 13
    This is one my Dad took using an old mobile phone camera just to show you don't need a good camera to take nice photos.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,468 Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 12
    Slightly random but I used to work in the office next to that traffic-light tree.

Here's a couple shots I'm proud of, they're not well composed but the subject was a bit tricky to catch!

penultimate lap, for artistic effect

...and winning (2014 Malaysian Grand Prix).
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.657)
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,002 Volunteer Moderator
    Not a great photo, but it shows my 1800mm setup.
    Canon 5D Mark III, Sigma 150-600mm lens, Kenko 3x teleconverter.

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,002 Volunteer Moderator
    I actually ended up buying a Panasonic Lumix GX7 because the 5D is too heavy (and expensive) to just carry around when I'm not planning on doing photography. 5D for intended use, GX7 for casual use.

What I really like about the GX7 is it has a through lens digital viewfinder. I hate looking at screens while holding the camera out, I want real viewfinders.

I've also got:
    - Xiaomi Mi Sphere (full 360x180 panorama camera)
    - Panasonic HX-A1M (small action camera like a Go Pro)

The cool thing about the HX-A1M is its IR filter is external. It comes with two glass filter caps: one filters IR and one doesn't. They also made a companion IR flashlight that I bought with it.

Here's the CV1 as seen by the HX:

Your father's one is great. I really need to travel, I'm running out of things in my back yard to photograph.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    Taken with my note 10 whilst on a lonely night shift with the NHS  :)

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

And another whilst on holiday taken with my DJI Mavic Pro.

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Cool. Photos and @Kojack  I hope you aren't spying on people on the beaches!

@DaftnDirect - shutter speed for that one? Wow.

@techy111 - amazing quality from a mobile. Very atmospheric. Looks like Beckton.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,468 Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 13

@techy111 - amazing quality from a mobile. Very atmospheric. Looks like Beckton.
    The first was 1/100 f/25 and was about right for the effect, the second 1/800 f/5.6 and should have been faster, I wanted it sharper but I had to stay a little wide angle to see when the right moment was so those pics are cropped quite a bit.

Just one more I like the timing of, all taken from the stands opposite the pits, so a bit of a distance away.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.657)

Wrong side mate lol I'm a West London boy :)

And @DaftnDirect my favourite sport in the world ever, been watching since 1983 I'm super jealous, never ever been to an F1 race but it's on my list :)

edited January 13
    Techy111 said:
    And @DaftnDirect my favourite sport in the world ever, been watching since 1983 I'm super jealous, never ever been to an F1 race but it's on my list :)

F1 fantasy, ambulance driver irl. Hmmm checks out.

Random comment: Lewis Hamilton went to the same First School as me in Stevenage. A shame I am not as famous as he is just yet.  :persevere:

Random comment: Lewis Hamilton went to the same First School as me in Stevenage. A shame I am not as famous as he is just yet.  :persevere:
    It's coming mate  :D

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,297 Valuable Player
    Mrs @Shadowmask72 is wearing WAY too many clothes.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Oh.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Bugger.

Did I type that out loud? :D

edited January 20
    Taken this morning on my daily walk with mobile phone. Problem with having a nice camera and tripod etc. it feels too odd to be lugging it around all the time to get these types of shot. That's why mobiles are so handy.

• kobs57kobs57 Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    Hiking 

VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 
    32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory,
     MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard,
    EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD   
  • kobs57kobs57 Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    edited February 3

Park
    VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 
    32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory,
     MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard,
    EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD   
  • LeoWebsterLeoWebster Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I really love photography and this is a very important topic for me. I am engaged in graphic design for this I use  Because it is very convenient for everyone. If you are interested, I advise you to pay attention. You can increase the size and improve the quality and this helps for a beautiful view.