New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

2 Sensors; ceiling setup problem

After a lot of research and frankly my needs for the space, mounting the rift sensors to the ceiling (about 8ft up) is definitely the best option. But now whenever I try to use the headset, it runs the game as if I'm in the floor. I'm definitely not 2 inches tall. Help?

Comments

• NetheriNetheri Posts: 376
    Trinity
    Have you ran the initial setup where's the height etc. set?
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!
  • hartmanahartmana Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Netheri said:
    Have you ran the initial setup where's the height etc. set?
    Yes. I've even tried playing around with the height to see if it would work but no luck
    Trinity
    That's really weird. I have 3 sensors, all of them are atteched to ceiling and never had that kind of problem with them. That might be the only thing though where there haven't been some trouble with this..
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
  • kobs57kobs57 Posts: 177
    Art3mis
    edited January 19
    Delete and reload oculus re do the setup. It must've kept the previous setting when you placed your sensors higher. I'm also using a 3 sensor setup ceiling height works flawlessly
    VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 
    32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory,
     MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard,
    EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD   
    Trinity
    kobs57 said:
    Delete and reload oculus re do the setup. It must've kept the previous setting when you placed your sensors higher. I'm also using a 3 sensor setup ceiling height works flawlessly
    Yeah what @kobs57 said. However i never needed to make that reset.
  • kobs57kobs57 Posts: 177
    Art3mis
    Problem is when you ask oculus to delete itself it doesn't, it only deletes part of it's software and a lot of crap left behind gets corrupted and that's what's causing problems. I couldn't start the oculus app at one point no matter how often I deleted and re loaded it until I used Revo uninstaller which scrubs all bits and pieces of the install off. Some peoples never have that problem, who knows how windows treats what's left behind after an uninstall but corruption happens sometimes and causes problems. I just sent an e-mail to oculus (for the good it's going to do lol) asking them to review their uninstall and to have oculus completely uninstall itself when you ask it to do so but I bet they're just going to trash it
    VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 
    32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory,
     MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard,
    EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD