cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Sensors; ceiling setup problem

hartmana
Honored Guest
After a lot of research and frankly my needs for the space, mounting the rift sensors to the ceiling (about 8ft up) is definitely the best option. But now whenever I try to use the headset, it runs the game as if I'm in the floor. I'm definitely not 2 inches tall. Help?
6 REPLIES 6

Netheri
Rising Star
Have you ran the initial setup where's the height etc. set?
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

hartmana
Honored Guest

Netheri said:

Have you ran the initial setup where's the height etc. set?

Yes. I've even tried playing around with the height to see if it would work but no luck

Netheri
Rising Star
That's really weird. I have 3 sensors, all of them are atteched to ceiling and never had that kind of problem with them. That might be the only thing though where there haven't been some trouble with this..
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Delete and reload oculus re do the setup. It must've kept the previous setting when you placed your sensors higher. I'm also using a 3 sensor setup ceiling height works flawlessly
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

Netheri
Rising Star

kobs57 said:

Delete and reload oculus re do the setup. It must've kept the previous setting when you placed your sensors higher. I'm also using a 3 sensor setup ceiling height works flawlessly

Yeah what @kobs57 said. However i never needed to make that reset.

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Problem is when you ask oculus to delete itself it doesn't, it only deletes part of it's software and a lot of crap left behind gets corrupted and that's what's causing problems. I couldn't start the oculus app at one point no matter how often I deleted and re loaded it until I used Revo uninstaller which scrubs all bits and pieces of the install off. Some peoples never have that problem, who knows how windows treats what's left behind after an uninstall but corruption happens sometimes and causes problems. I just sent an e-mail to oculus (for the good it's going to do lol) asking them to review their uninstall and to have oculus completely uninstall itself when you ask it to do so but I bet they're just going to trash it
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD