New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

left controller quest not turning on

CassieboyCassieboy Posts: 5
NerveGear
i have the quest for 2 weeks now and i replaced the battery of the controller once after i replaced it (3 days later) i dropped my left controller i see nothing broken or something not even a scratch but it doesnt turn on. i put in a new battery and it still doesnt work i then noticed this. is this the problem? and if it is how do i fix it?

Comments

• CassieboyCassieboy Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    do other people have this to?

NerveGear
    edited January 16
    i found a small fix it doesnt work well
    if you put a bit of aluminum foil a that place and put the battery on it it works

• Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 338
    Art3mis
    So whats that in the picture ? battery leakage ??
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    Oculus Quest 128GB (Loving it too)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Oculus app version 14.0.0.83.710 (14.0.0.83.710)
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 100
    Hiro Protagonist
    Take a ear stick with wool soack in isopropyl alcohol not much but only to make it wet and clean.
    However good result of cleaning oxidation can be achieved using gasoline, but with this you need to be careful to not touch the plastic cause it can affect it as thinner.
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 338
    Art3mis
    If it is battery leakage the residue will be alkaline, so get a cotton bud - put some vinegar on it and rub it lightly dry it off & then use some contact cleaner on it.   I don't recommend petrol or any other solvent.
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    Oculus Quest 128GB (Loving it too)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Oculus app version 14.0.0.83.710 (14.0.0.83.710)
    NerveGear
    thank you for the replies!

NerveGear
    Umpa_PC said:
    If it is battery leakage the residue will be alkaline, so get a cotton bud - put some vinegar on it and rub it lightly dry it off & then use some contact cleaner on it.   I don't recommend petrol or any other solvent.
    i thought it was scrathed due to replacing the battery. however the first battery that came with the headset probably had a battery leakage because it died way earlier and looked a bit broken.