New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Error with installation

Not long ago when i tried to run my oculus again it kept running into an issue asking me either to restart or repair. I got this before and restarting worked but this time it didn't. I tried doing the repair which seems to have uninstalled it and now wants to reinstall which is no problem, the problem is no matter how many times i try it always runs into an error asking me to restart and try again. Ive tried at least 5 times now and need help.
Tagged:

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 586 Oculus Staff
    Hello @corrupteduser, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the software. This is an issue that we are actively investigating. If haven't already, please try connecting your Rift to a different USB 3.0 port to see if that makes any different. If you're still having issues, please contact support here https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/ with your Oculus diagnostic logs when contacting support. Instructions on collecting logs are available here https://support.oculus.com/172672339980954/. Thanks! -Rick
  • kobs57kobs57 Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    I have the same problem, except that I don't even have an error message nor am I asked to repair or reload, it just gets stuck after loading the software all I can do after loading is click next and boom it tries to load for ever. I have to use task manager to get the black square with the oculus logo on it off of my screen it's just stuck there.
    VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 
    32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory,
     MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard,
    EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD   
  • kobs57kobs57 Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    Update: I uninstalled the oculus software using revo uninstaller (free version) it tells you to uninstall as usual and then it scans your C drive for any trace of the installation (and there's a lot of stuff left) you tell it to delete everything and you just reinstall the oculus software and magically it works. Very easy to do. Apparently it's a corrupted trace in the registry that stays in after the uninstall and just gets in the new install giving you the same problem over and over again.
    Oculus when uninstalling should just erase all traces of the program as it should do  and stuff like this wouldn't happen.
    Anyways glad I fixed my problem and I bet it will work for a lot of funny ones like it too cause like I said, there's a lot of stuff left in the registry after the uninstall
    VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 
    32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory,
     MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard,
    EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD