New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Big Push for Quest based Gaming at London Arcade Show

kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,974 Valuable Player
edited January 16 in General
Had the chance to play the Hero-Zone LBE VR game (on the Oculus Quest) at the London amusement trade show (#EAGexpo) - great fun, when playing with a team than on your own.

P6ftmuw.jpg
** New Book **
"The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Comments

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,923 Valuable Player
    Is that a battery pack on the backs of their heads?
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,974 Valuable Player

Yes the new Samsung battery system and the modicap audio system - makes the Quest a reliable package. 
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,923 Valuable Player
    kevinw729 said:

Yes the new Samsung battery system and the modicap audio system - makes the Quest a reliable package. 

Ah yeah, didn't even notice the headphones.

Sounds good.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,557 Valuable Player
    kevinw729 said:

Not without the backpack and Link!  B)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    RuneSR2 said:
    kevinw729 said:

No - I think you miss understand, this is aimed at those not wanting to operator backpack PC VR, offering a simple solution. 

P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    kevinw729 said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    kevinw729 said:

No - I think you miss understand, this is aimed at those not wanting to operator backpack PC VR, offering a simple solution. 

I really tried last night, I really did. I said to myself "Be Positive" - "It's about the gameplay, story and not high-res textures" - "It'll be FUN" - "Forbes can't be wrong - it's GOTY 2019" - "Be Open Minded" - "It's a PERFECT 5.0 average rating!"

and the I bought The Under Presents 

30 min later  :(

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

RuneSR2 said:
    I really tried last night, I really did. I said to myself "Be Positive" - "It's about the gameplay, story and not high-res textures" - "It'll be FUN" - "Forbes can't be wrong - it's GOTY 2019" - "Be Open Minded" - "It's a PERFECT 5.0 average rating!"

Sorry, but what has this got to do with the OP?
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    edited January 17
    kevinw729 said:
    RuneSR2 said:

Sorry, but what has this got to do with the OP?
    It's more about me trying to like the Quest (some might consider The Under Presents the very best Quest experience ever made)  - unfortunately I've failed so far - but great to see that other persons find the Quest enjoyable, which hopefully will lead some of them to enjoy richer VR experiences. 

edited January 17
    RuneSR2 said:
    It's more about me trying to like the Quest (some might consider The Under Presents the very best Quest experience ever made)  - unfortunately I've failed so far - but great to see that other persons might find the Quest enjoyable, which hopefully might lead some of them to enjoy richer VR experiences. 

Well to be frank, the single Quest experience is quite different to that with multi-player experiences, and also these experiences are tailored for LBE deployment. Not just on the Quest obviously but also the VIVE Focus Pro and Pico.

I would like to keep this post focused on the LBE VR usage, though sure you can start up a "I really tried" topic elsewhere.  B)
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **