New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Horizons discussion thread

kane.waterworthkane.waterworth Posts: 6
NerveGear
hi everyone,
I thought we could have a discussion thread for Horizons. I have so many questions and maybe we can work them out.

Comments

• 0cte10cte1 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi,
    Not many people seem interested in Horizons...I can't wait to try it out. Some beta testers have access to it but are not allowed to reveal anything yet ...
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,378 Valuable Player
    I think many are interested, but it isn't officially released and Beta Testers have an NDA... so nothing to talk about yet beyond what has been already discussed during the initially released news.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,539 Valuable Player
    You would hope it will eventually become some kind of Oasis. It needs to be more than just another VR Chat though.
  • 0cte10cte1 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    You would hope it will eventually become some kind of Oasis. It needs to be more than just another VR Chat though.
    As I understand FB sees VR as the new medium for online social interactions, and the way they build  up their ecosystem makes me think it will go way beyond a chating space. As High Fidelity experience evokes, Horizons could be, for example, the interface where remote workers using FB workspace take their pauses  :p
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,209 Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 15
    I requested to be a tester but didn't get any response. I thought Spaces was a lot of fun and just needed more features, some more things to do and maybe easier ways to share stuff. Horizons seems to be exactly that so I'm hoping it's not too delayed with the devs working from home or whatever.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,539 Valuable Player
    Well I am surprised they didn't ask me also, I am an Alpha tester according to my profile ;)