cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S Dash Virtual Desktop Problem

thomas13215
Honored Guest
On the first day of me getting my Rift S, I went to the virtual desktop application that is built in the oculus dash

I select it and my monitor pops up

I then use my trigger to click and nothing happens
I can't interact with the virtual desktop in any way

My triggers work fine anywhere else, it's just this

10 REPLIES 10

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
Hi,

Did you try the keyboard and mouse?

This might be a question for customer support. You should submit a support ticket. 

thomas13215
Honored Guest
you have to enable the mouse?

kyranbutler
Honored Guest
One weird thing I've noticed is if a program requiring administrative privileges is opened while the dash is up (or honestly even if VR is on at all), the dash will become unresponsive until Oculus is fully restarted.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
I've had this issue, and the VR desktop screen shows an orange "!", but if you take the headset off, you will see the dialog box for administration login. 

Once you provide the appropriate login details, and click ok, the dashboard view of the desktop returns to normal.
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Netheri
Rising Star

I've had this issue, and the VR desktop screen shows an orange "!", but if you take the headset off, you will see the dialog box for administration login. 

Once you provide the appropriate login details, and click ok, the dashboard view of the desktop returns to normal.

Wait what?

Where do you see the admin login dialog? On actual desktop? Do you have multiple monitors and if, when you try panel pullout i.e. from the 2nd monitor, does the panel pullout work without flaw or does it give you the "orange !" window to the VR?
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star

Netheri said:

Wait what?

Where do you see the admin login dialog? On actual desktop? Do you have multiple monitors and if, when you try panel pullout i.e. from the 2nd monitor, does the panel pullout work without flaw or does it give you the "orange !" window to the VR?

Yes, on the real monitor desktop, I see the administrator login screen.
So just supply username and password and click ok and put the headset back on and all is well again.

I can pull out the panel too without any issues.

I have the following specs.
Intel I7-7700K CPU
ASUS Prime Z270-A Motherboard 32GB Ram
Nvidia GTX1080 8GB
Onboard SS-USB 3.1
Windows 10 Build 18362
Oculus Software version 13.0.0.200.463 (PTC)

Hope it helps!
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Netheri
Rising Star
@ElusiveMarlin when pulled out from 2nd monitor, no dialogs appear. So, it could really be some rights related problem however Oculus desktop apparently isn't given even the right to ask multiple monitor rights for panel pullout, it only covers the main monitor. Well, at least the full desktop works still..
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

chadblaire
Explorer
if there is a dialog box or other window requiring user input on computer screen, the virt desktop cant display (thus the orange "i"). try closing windows on computer screen...

Netheri
Rising Star

if there is a dialog box or other window requiring user input on computer screen, the virt desktop cant display (thus the orange "i"). try closing windows on computer screen...

Well that's the problem, there isn't any dialog box, at least in my case.