New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Returning my oculus hardware

LincolnLogger23LincolnLogger23 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi 
I’m handicapped and thought I could use this as a distraction from my intense pain I’m in. Unfortunately I couldn’t lift my hand high enough to even set it up. The buttons are extremely hard to push and I need to return it. When I go to my orders it says I have no orders. Can anyone please tell me how to return this product or have a phone number bc nobody even replies to my questions from the oculus support team. 

Comments

• LincolnLogger23LincolnLogger23 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Oculus needs way better customer support!
  • ZaroktheImmortalZaroktheImmortal Posts: 9
    Brain Burst
    "If you have already received your Oculus product, you can contact Oculus Support to return it for a refund.
    Bear the following things in mind if you return your Oculus device for a refund:

We'll issue a refund for Oculus devices returned within 30 days from when your order was dispatched.
    You'll receive a refund to your payment method once your Oculus device has been returned and inspected.
    Delivery fees are non-refundable.
    Note: If you bought your Oculus device from a retail shop, you'll need to visit the shop you bought it from to request a refund."

So basically you have to submit a ticket here and you can get a refund if it's been less than 30 days since it was sent
  • JohnnyDioxinJohnnyDioxin Posts: 2,565 Valuable Player
    You have my sincere sympathies - I got into VR for the same reason, but in my case it worked. Despite initial problems and causing even more pain, I stuck with it and now I use it for a few hours every day, unless things are really bad.

Do you think you could use it with your arms rested on chair arms? There are games and experiences that don't require actual arm movement. If so, and you'd like to have another try, I'd be happy to come over and set it all up for you. I've been using VR for nearly 4 years, so I can give you help & advice on using it too, if you want.
    That's assuming you're in Lincolnshire - if so, Lincoln is only 30 miles away from me and it wouldn't be a problem at all. Message me if you'd like some help.