since several weeks, the USB connection of my Rift S isn´t working. In Windows 10 Device manager, the Port doesn´t recognize my Rift S and it says something like "Unable to reset USB Port/Recognize USB port" (I´m german :-/).
This happens everytime I start my Computer.
I can solve this temporarely by disconnecting the Rift-USB Cable from my system, deactivate/reactivate the USB Port in the Device Manager and plug in the Rift again. I have to do that a few time and sooner or later the connection is back.
I´ve tried many many things to solve this issue.
- Reinstalled USB 3.0 Drivers for my MB (MSI Z390 Gaming Plus)
- Used different USB 3.0/3.1 ports from my MB
- Tried the Oculus Beta Feature in the Software
- Use a USB C 3.0 Adapter Cable (USBA 3.0 to USB-C 3.0) :Used the USB-C port from my Mainboard and tried the one integrated in my ASUS RTX2080.
- Updated the BIOS (MB)
- Used a registry cleaner
- Reinstalled Iculus Software
- Played around with some settings in BIOS and OS: USB Legacy support, XHCI(?) Hand Off and so on.
- Updated Everything on my Computer Windows/Rift/Firmware/BIOS.
There is no solution and at this time, I´m pretty sure that there is a Problem with the Rift and the provided Intel/Windows USB 3.0 Driver. I´ve read that intel doesn´t offer the drivers anymore and they are provided by Microsoft now. Someone said, this issue came along with a Windows 10 Update - 1903(?).
This drives me crazy and I hope Oculus will take notice of this issue - I´m not the only one with this issue.
Another Info: I picked up a brandnew Rift S last Week because I´ve had some Lens issues, so changing the Rift S doesn´t solve the problem.
I7 [email protected]
64GB Ram 3200
MSI Z390 Gaming Plus Motherboard
SSD M2 Drives.
I´m happy for any new idea that might help.
Edit: Logfile uploaded