New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Serenity VR [SteamVR] Updated 4/19/2018

13»

Comments

• JaRoDJaRoD Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Doesn't work for me, I get only music and no image. Same with both exe files.
    Running windows 7 64-bit and amd 290 on catalyst 14.6.
  • hudcrabhudcrab Posts: 62
    Brain Burst
    Oh no! download link is broken. Mirror?
  • kavehthkavehth Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    JaRoD wrote:

Try pressing alt+enter to go into windows mode and then press it again, maybe that will work
    hudcrab wrote:
    Oh no! download link is broken. Mirror?

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9SkCf7dI2Y5bTBvQV9JZlU3b3c&export=download
  • Just got around to trying this, and it was my first 'new' VR experience with my DK2. Unbelievable. It was a wonderful joy walking through the ship, and my tour ended with a nice little last surprise when I found my way back to the cockpit and was poking about. Just the feeling of actually being in a place I've come to know so well through the window of a regular screen was incredible. A hundred thanks for all of the work you've put into this, kavehth! :D
    Brain Burst
    kavehth wrote:
    JaRoD wrote:

Try pressing alt+enter to go into windows mode and then press it again, maybe that will work

Tried this but only get a black window or black fullscreen with music playing. Guess I'll just wait until a later version and see if that works since I haven't read about anyone else having this problem.
    Brain Burst
    JaRoD wrote:
    kavehth wrote:
    JaRoD wrote:

Tried this but only get a black window or black fullscreen with music playing. Guess I'll just wait until a later version and see if that works since I haven't read about anyone else having this problem.

you could try forcing d3d11 by creating a shortcut and adding -force-d3d11 to the target, some people on reddit had the same problem and this seems to work for them.
    Brain Burst
    kavehth wrote:
    JaRoD wrote:
    kavehth wrote:

you could try forcing d3d11 by creating a shortcut and adding -force-d3d11 to the target, some people on reddit had the same problem and this seems to work for them.

Thanks! Got it working by forcing d3d11, thought that only helped with judder so didn't even think to try... But now I constatly get "camera out of range" even though positional tracking works and I'm definitely within range but probably has to do with me just updating to 0.4.2 And when walking through doors I can't go straight into the opening, I have to use the left side almost half passing through the wall.

Now with the serenity up and running we need the crew to man their stations! Maybe Joss Whedon and the crew could do a VR episode :o

P.S. "You may embed only 3 quotes within each other." well that's slightly awkward...
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,849
    Neo
    JaRoD wrote:
    But now I constatly get "camera out of range" even though positional tracking works and I'm definitely within range
    If kavehth is using the built-in "OVRMainMenu" you can try using the R key to re-center your position. It's not enough to be physically within the IR camera's tracking volume, you also have to tell it where you are in relation to the virtual world.
  • lainiwakulainiwaku Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    i personally find that texture are made by unique color without texture like with bucket fill tool from paint
    and firelfy, wich are really dark feel a bit much lighty for me
  • nice work! keep it going. Firefly is one of my favorite show ever and to walk in the ship brings back memories. i must say you did a realy good job in building this. :o
    Brain Burst
    The opening was spectacular and you've done a great job with the Cargo Hold and the extra details in the Mess.

I absolutely love it. This is already my favourite 'TV set' demo, and I'm still eagerly anticipating the rest of the ship.
  • AWESOMEx20AWESOMEx20 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I love the opening sequence (and the music!) Unfortunately once I'm transported into position on the ship my character spins constantly to the left. I'm wondering if this is because I'm using the latest SDK? I've notice this happen in one other demo (Riftmax if I recall correctly). Hope the feedback helps in someway!
  • This is amazing!! I was thinking of this and so happy I found your post! Still would love to see the Big Damn Replica someday, but I'll take the Big Damn Sim for sure! I've PM'd you for a little goodie to say thanks! Next on the list ... I would love to see a video of Nathan Fillion and (especially) Alan Tudyk both going through Serenity VR on a DK2. If anyone knows how to get these guys on board, please do!!
  • How it going kavehth, still chipping away at it? ;)

I might be able to help out with some miscellaneous objects if you'd like.
    Brain Burst
    Sorry i havent posted in a while, i'm currently working in the infirmary area and the passenger quarters and trying to improve my textures, as i was not really happy with them. I also just got a free ue4 subscription, so im trying to build a small area in ue4, and its looking great. I'll try to post that soon to see what you think.
    Radithor wrote:
    How it going kavehth, still chipping away at it? ;)

I might be able to help out with some miscellaneous objects if you'd like.

I would love the help, just PM me.
    Brain Burst
    Glad you're still working at this!
  • SharkkuSharkku Posts: 575
    Art3mis
    I showed my gf this show, and she was instantly hooked. She's going to love this! (and me too) I'll download as soon as we get home!
    DK1 - previously owned
    DK2 - 2014-08-26 RECEIVED (ordered 2014-04-24)
    CV1 - 2016-05-25 RECEIVED (ordered on release day)
    Touch - 2016-12-07 RECEIVED (pre-order with CV1)
    Brain Burst
    I recently got a free UE4 account thanks to github so i decided to make the mess in UE4, I've also retexture all the object and improved a lot of the models, I'll try to release a demo soon, once i can get better performance.

UE4-1.png

UE4-2.png

UE4-3.png

UE4-4.png
  • SharkkuSharkku Posts: 575
    Art3mis
    Looks really promising! Can't wait!
    DK1 - previously owned
    DK2 - 2014-08-26 RECEIVED (ordered 2014-04-24)
    CV1 - 2016-05-25 RECEIVED (ordered on release day)
    Touch - 2016-12-07 RECEIVED (pre-order with CV1)
  • Looking great, and it's been awesome to Rift in here. I've been having issues with accessing the Cargo Hold. The door at the rear of the mess looks as though it has a modeled hall, and I can see the hold through the grating in the crew quarters hallway, but just can't access it. Any ideas? The door at the aft mess doesn't change color to indicate any interaction options. Thanks!!
    Brain Burst
    anoniimous wrote:
    Looking great, and it's been awesome to Rift in here. I've been having issues with accessing the Cargo Hold. The door at the rear of the mess looks as though it has a modeled hall, and I can see the hold through the grating in the crew quarters hallway, but just can't access it. Any ideas? The door at the aft mess doesn't change color to indicate any interaction options. Thanks!!

You can access the cargo from the door in the crew quarters hallway to your left before you enter the mess, i decided to close that door because the i hadn't completed that part of the ship. I'll add that hallway and the infirmary in the next version.
  • Tried this for the 1st time yesterday... while I had the Out of Gas episode playing on my primary monitor... awesome. I was standing in the rooms that I could hear them acting the scenes out in.

Tried to break into Kaylie's bunk, of course. No luck. :(
  • Jasonjones09Jasonjones09 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Kavehtc I am getting the Dk2 on Tuesday in the mail. I've used daz3d for a few years to make covers for my books. I have some expierence with creating 3d content. What do I need to do to help you. What software? Is it unity? I just about had a heart attack when I saw you can walk around the serenity. I want to help make this even more of am reality. Please let me know.
  • gorDelpusgorDelpus Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Any updates on this? Will it run on CV1? Probably should if it's in UE4 now.
    Brain Burst
    gorDelpus said:
    Any updates on this? Will it run on CV1? Probably should if it's in UE4 now.
    I've been working on it since then and have updated it significantly. right now I'm working on a version for the Vive.

Don't know if I'll do a version for the CV1, as i don't have access to one. Also I'm building all the controls for the Vive controllers and don't want to add another control scheme for the CV1, maybe when the touch controllers come out I'll try to build a version for that.

If anyone is still interested, you can checkout my blog here, I'm hoping to update it regularly and release a version for the Vive soon.

here is a couple of shots of the updated cockpit

• StarvingGeekStarvingGeek Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    i know im a little late to the party but i can't get this to show up in my headset. it shows up on my desktop but nothing in my headset
    Brain Burst
    @StarvingGeek that was a very old version for the DK2, I just released an new version for SteamVR, you can download it here https://kavehth.itch.io/serenity-vr