I bought a Rift S the day after Christmas. Annoying random bugs aside, it has worked fine in the days since.
Yesterday I fired it up for the first time this week, it automatically installed the v12 update, and now my DisplayPort isn't' found. PTC v12.1 doesn't fix it. I don't even see the PTC v13 option. This is clearly an issue caused by Oculus's update and it is very frustrating that the company seems to be ignoring this particular problem.
The Oculus software doesn't give me a red circle, it just endlessly spins like it is trying to find it. I let it spin overnight, still spinning in the morning.
This clearly isn't an issue with my PC because it worked fine for three weeks and only stopped after the version 12 update, which also seemed to throw Oculus into endless 'Oculus needs to restart' cycle.
I have tried:
- The endless game of unplugging and plugging in USB, then DP. Doesn't work.
- Repaired Oculus install. Didn't work.
- Uninstall and reinstall Oculus software. Didn't work.
- Public Test Channel on: didn't work.
- Public Test Channel back off: Didn't work.
- Install Oculus on a totally fresh Windows 10 on my gaming laptop. Same DP issue, but at least the constant 'restart' bug isn't present.
- Update Windows and NVIDIA drivers. Didn't work
- Manually update Oculus drivers. Didn't work.
I've attached the diagnostics log.
So at this point, I'm left with a totally useless device that I've spent more than $500 on and had for less than a month.
Yes, I have submitted a support ticket, no I haven't heard back yet.
No, I cannot return it to Best Buy because I'm now a few days outside of the return period and they won't take it back.
Has Oculus in any way acknowledged this DP issue caused by its software and has it offered any sort of workaround to anyone?
Gaming Desktop Specs:
- Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7Ghz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
- 16GB RAM
- Four high-power USB ports
- Three DisplayPorts, none of them work now.
Gaming Laptop PC specs:
- Intel i7-9750H 2.6Ghz
- GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
- 16GB RAM
- High-power USB
- Mini DP