New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Game not installing

AceZingWingerAceZingWinger Posts: 2
NerveGear
On Christmas, I tried to install Minecraft but it said "Sorry, we couldn't install Minecraft. Visit Oculus Support for more help." I tried everything on the page and nothing worked. A couple of weeks later, I bought Defector, and the same issue happened. I reached out to Oculus support and they said to try and reinstall the Oculus software and if that didn't work, try giving them a .zip file of the logs. I did that, and they haven't got back to me. Can someone please help? I really want to start being able to play all the Oculus exclusives.

FYI I have a Rift S.

Comments

• Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 338
    Art3mis
    Make sure that the computer has access to the drive you are trying to install to.  By default this is program files/oculus but if you have moved the install directory that may be a problem, as was the case with me.
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    Oculus Quest 128GB (Loving it too)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Oculus app version 14.0.0.83.710 (14.0.0.83.710)
  • AceZingWingerAceZingWinger Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Umpa_PC said:
    Make sure that the computer has access to the drive you are trying to install to.  By default this is program files/oculus but if you have moved the install directory that may be a problem, as was the case with me.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! I made a new folder in my C: drive and made it as my main one, and it worked!