New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Games baught on Oculus quest store, not available With Oculus LINK/RIFT

Teclis452Teclis452 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello,

I bought BeatSaber on the store of Oculus Quest. I connect my Oculus Quest with oculus Link. I have access to the Oculus Rift Store. I would like to play with the hardware of my computer (I9 9900K, GTX1080, 16GB) and not with the hardware of Oculus Quest. Do i need to buy again the game for that ? I have already bought it on Oculus Quest. Can i have  the game with Oculus Link without buying it again ?

I'm confuse.

Comments

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 630
    Neo
    Beat Saber isn’t cross-buy, so yes you’d have to buy it again if you own it on Quest but want to play from Rift library using Link. 
  • Teclis452Teclis452 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Ok that suck.

Which game are cross-buy ? In the futur may be this feature will be add ?

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 630
    Neo
    Try this link https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/.

Its upto the game developers whether they want to make games crossbuy or not. 

Why do you actually want to play Beat Saber when tethered? This type of game is ideal on the Quest! There isn’t really anything graphically intensive that can take advantage of higher performance computer power. But Beat Saber involves a lot of moving around which is far better untethered in my experience. I wouldn’t like to try Beat Saber 360 levels tethered. 
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 101
    Hiro Protagonist
    I did not buy full version on Quest but i will buy it on Steam because it is half of the price, then play it through link, i hope it will work but it is not excluded the devs can force us to buy from Oculus by creating some artificial problems by software.
    Also that moment when Oculus Quest is affordable but their games are expensive and vice versa for Steam, and you try to find that convenient middle. :D
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 338
    Art3mis
    iTesla8 said:
    I did not buy full version on Quest but i will buy it on Steam because it is half of the price, then play it through link, i hope it will work but it is not excluded the devs can force us to buy from Oculus by creating some artificial problems by software.
    Also that moment when Oculus Quest is affordable but their games are expensive and vice versa for Steam, and you try to find that convenient middle. :D
    I don't see where its half the price, i see it as costing £23.79.  Where are you seeing it at half price ?
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    Oculus Quest 128GB (Loving it too)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Oculus app version 14.0.0.83.710 (14.0.0.83.710)
  • dustojnikhummerdustojnikhummer Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Umpa_PC said:
    iTesla8 said:
    I don't see where its half the price, i see it as costing £23.79.  Where are you seeing it at half price ?
    Not exactly 50% less, but with things like Humble Bundle you can get significantly lower prices.
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 338
    Art3mis
    I did not know about humble bundle, so I googled it.  They are selling it at £23.79, with the HumbleBundle its £19.03 . In the Oculus store it is £22.99 so he's saving £4. I don't mean to split hairs, but in this instance the savings are not great.  The price should be universal IMO, its not like it used to be, when shops used to buy in bulk to save a few quid and pass it on to customers.
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    Oculus Quest 128GB (Loving it too)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Oculus app version 14.0.0.83.710 (14.0.0.83.710)
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 101
    Hiro Protagonist
    In quest store it show 29 USD in Steam i can buy fort 14.49 USD + Bundle 6.24USD but i have count only the game without Bundle.
    Also the Moss i have buy cheaper than on Oculus store so for me Steam has cheaper games, sometimes i m offered reduced prices if it is in my wishlist so i prefer to keep them there until an offer is sent to my email. :D
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link