New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Magnets in battery cover

In my cv 1 right controller both of the batteries have come out of the cover and now are attached to the controller magnet part. I am able to take on of them out but it doesn't really help because as soon as i get the cover back it goes straight back to being stuck there. This wouldn't be a problem but when ever i do something like in a flick in a game e.g swinging arm in beat saber the cover comes off and the only way to get it back on is to carefully place it back on. is there anything i can do to fix this.

Comments

• adam.poole.313adam.poole.313 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    I can't picture what you are talking about. Did one of the magnets in the controller come loose and get stuck somewhere? If so a stronger magnet might be able to dislodge it. If you are saying something happened to the battery itself then I don't understand... just throw out the battery and use a new one. If there is some broken part stuck in the battery compartment seems you've got to fish it out of there with tweezers. Unless I'm misunderstanding what happened.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,389
    Project 2501
    Can't you super glue the magnet back where it is supposed to be?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• sonic2bluesonic2blue Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I can't picture what you are talking about. Did one of the magnets in the controller come loose and get stuck somewhere? If so a stronger magnet might be able to dislodge it. If you are saying something happened to the battery itself then I don't understand... just throw out the battery and use a new one. If there is some broken part stuck in the battery compartment seems you've got to fish it out of there with tweezers. Unless I'm misunderstanding what happened.
    the broken part is the magnet, it's come loose and now just sits inside of the controller where they lock in to keep the cover on.
  • sonic2bluesonic2blue Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Richooal said:
    Can't you super glue the magnet back where it is supposed to be?
    trying thjat now
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,389
    Project 2501
    @sonic2blue
    How did you go?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.