New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Link Freezing

EelPasteTMEelPasteTM Posts: 4
NerveGear
edited January 17 in Oculus Quest
So I got my oculus quest a few weeks ago and it was working fine up until about a week ago. Now it has started to freeze while playing games with oculus link and, as of today, even freeze while navigating the oculus home. It will essentially freeze on a still image of whatever I was looking at and everything else is just black void. On my computer screen, everything is still running normally. None of the buttons do anything and the only way I can get it working again is to reboot the headset. I thought it might be the games I was playing but now I can't even launch games because it freezes before I can do anything.

My computer is an: ASUS - ROG GU502GV 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 1TB SSD + Optane

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd very much so like to get the headset working. As a side note, I'm not extremely tech savvy, so there could be simple fixes that I don't know to or how to try. 

Comments

• iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    This is similar to my problem and i think it could be my cheap USB cable from aliexpress.
    What type of USB cable you use?
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link
  • EelPasteTMEelPasteTM Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I'm using an Anker USB Type C Cable and a Cable Creations Active USB Extension cable. I was already not happy with how loosely the extension is connected to the cable itself, but with this issue, I decided I'd order a 10 foot Party Cable since they seem to be pretty well recommended. If that doesn't work, maybe the official cable?
    NerveGear
    And now my headset seems to have factory reset itself and I have no idea how
  • Eastcoast78Eastcoast78 Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    The Oculus "link" is still beta so im not surprised. I have a hard enough time trying to get a stable connection. Thats after i manage to get it connected lol
  • h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 159
    Art3mis
    The same happens without the extender? 
    German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    For me happens without any extender only 3 meters of USB A 3.0v to Type C connections.
    My topic is here.
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link
    NerveGear
    edited January 18
    So I tried using link without the extension cable and it seems to have fixed the issue, though I haven't really been able to do extensive testing yet because I can't do much with a 3 foot cable. I have a 3 meter partylink cable arriving on Monday that should give me a bit more room to move and test. In terms of the "factory reset" I mentioned in my previous comment, it appears it wasn't a factory reset but rather a very strange bug that deleted my account from the device, forced me to play the intro game again, and wouldn't let me access anything but the settings, so I ended up having to do a factory reset to get the headset working again. Weird shit
  • NativpainNativpain Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited January 19
    I do have the exact same behavior!
    Unable to play any game currently... 

My official Oculus link cable is plugged straight into my RTX 2080.

Hope there will be a fix soon. Waited so long for the official cable and now I am unable to play games :(