New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

(SOLVED) Transfering videos to PC problem

AnimaxtraAnimaxtra Posts: 18
NerveGear
edited January 18 in Oculus Quest
So basically I just enabled adb and developer mode on my quest to view its storage, but when I make a video on the quest and then find it in my oculus storage on my PC, it shows that it's there but the duration of the videos are always 0:00 and they are unplayable lol, anyone had that problem and found a solution? 

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,004 Volunteer Moderator
    Oddly enough, the way to make it work is to go back a level or 2 and copy the entire directory, not just the video file.

• AnimaxtraAnimaxtra Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    kojack said:
    Oddly enough, the way to make it work is to go back a level or 2 and copy the entire directory, not just the video file.

Thanks so much, it actually worked :) 
  • dustojnikhummerdustojnikhummer Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    One thing. Windows Photos app can play it back for whatever reason. Also, Sidequest can copy it just fine. Apparently it has something to do with Android USB 3.0 drivers in Windows
  • AnimaxtraAnimaxtra Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    One thing. Windows Photos app can play it back for whatever reason. Also, Sidequest can copy it just fine. Apparently it has something to do with Android USB 3.0 drivers in Windows
    That's some good information thanks
  • beaker9beaker9 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I was just watching a tips and tricks video on YouTube and the advice to fix this was to record a short 2 or 3 second video in addition to the main recording and then drag and drop both videos to the PC desktop at the same time.