New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My PC doesn't seem to be registering the usb 3.0 input from the headset.

SivnaSivna Posts: 2
NerveGear
My Oculus arrived earlier today, so i hopped right on trying to set it up. I've gotten to the "Connect your headset" part of the set-up, but nothing happens when i plug in he USB. No light on my headset, so ding from windows telling me it's found the device, nothing. If anyone has any ideas on what i can do, or what's gone wrong, please let me know.

Answers

• Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 537
    Nexus 6
    You must have USB 3.0, post your computer specs.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 15, Quest Version 15
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • SivnaSivna Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Umpa_PC said:
    Intel i5-6400, 8 GB Ram, 3 USB 3.0 ports. I'm sot sure how to check my graphics card; I'm not too well versed in this kind of stuff, but I'm pretty sure I'm within the minimum specs at least to be able to run my rift. Like I said, my PC just doesn't seem to be registering the USB input from the headset, I don't believe the port is the problem, it's in the right place.

• DualpaladinDualpaladin Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    i am having a similar issue i have tried all my usb 3.0 ports and the app says incompadable usb port HELP
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 537
    Nexus 6
    Sivna said:
    Umpa_PC said:
    Intel i5-6400, 8 GB Ram, 3 USB 3.0 ports. I'm sot sure how to check my graphics card; I'm not too well versed in this kind of stuff, but I'm pretty sure I'm within the minimum specs at least to be able to run my rift. Like I said, my PC just doesn't seem to be registering the USB input from the headset, I don't believe the port is the problem, it's in the right place.

With respect - you have not posted your computer specs.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 15, Quest Version 15
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.