New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus quest install fail

nickthekidNLnickthekidNL Posts: 2
NerveGear
My oculus quest seemingly won't install anything. Every time it finishes downloading it then says "install failed"

Comments

• Vintage_JoshuaVintage_Joshua Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Mine does the same thing. I don't know how to fix it either.
  • jasee81jasee81 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    i did a factory reset and it still kept happening 
  • xstink1xstink1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here returning it tomorrow fresh out the box and it's a piece of  turd. Sticking with psvr. So expensive yet so crappy
  • bobbywgbobbywg Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Same here. Just got it in the mail today. I love spending over 500 bucks and not be able to use it
  • Blue5_dogBlue5_dog Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    same here
  • tacey8tacey8 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    does anyone have a solution for the problem yet?
    I just received mine today also same problems. Every game I have purchased will download and them fail install

• Das_Sebi69420Das_Sebi69420 Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I'm having this same issue, it came with Vader Immortal but it won't install after it gets downloaded.  I can download Youtube, but no games, superhot demo doesn't download as well.  Is anyone else having issues with opening the "see all" tab in settings as well?
  • J3R1CHO_13J3R1CHO_13 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    So i bought my Oculus Quest today and purchased Beat Saber and Job Simulator. Both wont install upon downloading and they just sit in the not installed tab. Its incredibly frustrating and the customer service I have received (if you can even call it customer service) has been deplorable. There's no end in sight to this problem and i]m just curious is anyone else having this problem?
  • barrel_slayer407barrel_slayer407 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Just got my quest in the mail and I’m having the same issue. This is BS, would be awesome to see a response before I return this POS. 
  • Das_Sebi69420Das_Sebi69420 Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Alright so update, I deleted space pirate demo, and I was able to reinstall it.. It initially said installation failed but then I saw it randomly appear on my apps.   I'm hoping the issue is getting fixed.
  • softgoldsoftgold Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having the same problem.  VR Chat and Job Simulator download and say they are installing and then says Install Failed.  Tried a Factory Reset and still have the same problem.  Was able to download and install Beat Saber Demo.  Every time try VR Chat or Job Simulator it says Install Failed ...
  • DJDigitalSquirrelDJDigitalSquirrel Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Color me SEVERLY dissappointed but not shocked, it is afterall Facebook Support... I have read through these logs and it looks like the product doesn't work for thousands of people for weeks at a time and this isn't the first time. It isn't even the 20th time.... I just received my quest, everything downloads and lets you pay for them but fails install EVERY TIME.... and randomly I'll see some update warning that does nothing. I gave up, let it charge to full and every 15 minutes or so I notice it starts blinking purple so SOMEONE is factory resetting my headset, not I! I feel like I wasted my money.... And I have significant doubt with facebook being the support for this.... Most expensive high tech paperweight I've ever bought. 

Summary - EVERYTHING Can be PAID FOR .... Nothing can be used. SHOCKER?!?!?!
  • bobbywgbobbywg Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    mine only allows me to see the home page. but even that crashes non stop.
  • Trihard_MysticTrihard_Mystic Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I honestly don't know why I expected mine to work when I bought it, I have googled it before I actually bought but like I said I don't know why I expected it to work at first. I have spent like $100 for what? NOTHING. Over $500 down the drain.
  • MarcohagelsiebMarcohagelsieb Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi... I am new to Oculus Quest... Loved the experience of the initial setup and workshop. but have the exact same issue!!!. the problem seems to be that the software is NOT recognizing the paired "touch controllers"... when you purchase from the headset and not from the phone, it will warn you that the app requires a Touch Controller and the headset DID NOT FIND ANY paired.  This is purely a software bug as both controllers obviously are paired and work.
    OCULUS: PLEASE FIX THIS! I love the product... software is not hard to fix. Cheers!

• CorruptElmoCorruptElmo Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hello all fellow Questers, (If i can call you that..) DO NOT RETURN THE OCULUS QUEST, This problem is related to the Quest being OUT OF DATE, I got my Quest yesterday and I had the same problem, so I referred to theses forms, and like you, I found nothing. Well it turns out that all the Quest that shipped out are not UPDATED to the Latest Version. What I did to fix this is left my Oculus Quest On in the Oculus Home, Plugged in to my Charger, and connected to Wi-Fi. I left it overnight, and I did the setup again. The Quest Automatically Updates, so after another setup, I checked the version by going to Settings, See All Settings, Clicked "About" and found my Quest was on the latest version, Version 12. So, if you had the same problem or other problems, check the version if your Quest and see if it's on Version 12. Before i factory reset my Quest and it was on Version 3.56, so basically no matter what version, It should update. I hope this solved your problems, and have fun Questing. *Note* You don't need to Factory Reset your Quest to update it, just leave it out on a flat surface charging and on.