New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus GO Crashing constantly

dventurinidventurini Posts: 1
NerveGear

Hi there. Please, I’d like to report an issue we’re having and ask for support.

We are using 6 Oculus GO headsets to exhibit a series of 360º videos to visitors of a Marine Protected Area. Experiences occur indoor and each headset is used some ~5 times/day (videos are 6min in length). 

Since last month, videos are crashing during reproduction, and often the whole system crashes too - leading us to restart the headset by holding the power button for 10 sec. These issues are getting more and more frequent and we can no longer trust the visitor a full, comfortable experience without crashing. 

How should we proceed?

Thank you,

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 1,058 Oculus Staff
    Hello there, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Go. If you haven't already, I would recommend trying a factory reset if the entire system is crashing. This will erase everything and you'll need to setup the Go headset again. Instructions on performing a factory reset are available here https://support.oculus.com/166300084150879/. If you need to contact support, please submit a support ticket here https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/. Thanks! -Rick
  • MagneticWestMagneticWest Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    We are seeing the same issues on our headsets. We also use them for 360 video playback.

To be more specific, after the headset goes to sleep, it wakes in a frozen state. Usually the "Enter VR" dialog is shown, although sometimes only the "floor" can be seen -- but head tracking is broken, so the screen doesn't move at all when you move your head. Controller input is also ignored. The only way to get control back is to hold down the power button and restart.

This behavior is quite common, almost universal, across both brand-new, just-provisioned Go units as well as ones we've been using for a while. All Go's are running on latest firmware. I believe this issue appeared only one or two firmware updates ago.