New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Every time I restart rift s won't work

I get my Rift s to work and all the time my PC is on it works fine.

The next day I then have to spend anything from a few minutes to an hour getting it to work restarting my PC 10 times unpluging cables swapping them about until I get lucky and it works.

Please for the love of god fix the problem I am sure it's the crap Software/Drivers.

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,060 Valuable Player
    Perhaps using a USB Hub that has other devices that can cause some issues.
    Have you tried a powered USB 3 Hub?
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • JeffNikJeffNik Posts: 142
    Art3mis
    I had similar issues - are you on a multimonitor system? Try disabling all but one monitor for a while and see if that solves the problem. I thought for a long time that my problems were related to USB (because it looked like intermittent "connection" issues with the USB and DisplayPort), but if I run on 1 monitor, my Rift and  Rift S work 100% of the time - even after returning from sleep mode, after rebooting, etc. When I enable my second monitor, the periodic "connection" issues return. I know its not a fix, but it reduced my frustration knowing that I can at least make it work reliably.
  • mick.parker2mick.parker2 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    just spent 2 hours pluging and messing about installing and just as I am about to smash the bloody thing it works.
  • StreamofConsciousStreamofConscious Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    I get my Rift s to work and all the time my PC is on it works fine.

The next day I then have to spend anything from a few minutes to an hour getting it to work restarting my PC 10 times unpluging cables swapping them about until I get lucky and it works.

Please for the love of god fix the problem I am sure it's the crap Software/Drivers.
    Yeah, but support will just eventually tell you to send it back....wait almost a month and then I guess they hope by that time they will have fixed something. Because you know.....the Rift S is a magical device that only works after you have spent half of the time that you actually have to play, getting it to work.
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 336
    Art3mis
    most issues are solved by removing the usb  - waiting 30 secs and plugging it back in
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    Oculus Quest 128GB (Loving it too)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Oculus app version 14.0.0.83.710 (14.0.0.83.710)
  • VR2018FRVR2018FR Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Is that a recent acquisition ? 
  • kasingsamkasingsam Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    my main monitor is a TV, i dont use monitor now, is it conflict with Rift S?
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 336
    Art3mis
    kasingsam said:
    my main monitor is a TV, i dont use monitor now, is it conflict with Rift S?
    Same here, my PC is connected via HDMI to our big ass wall mounted TV, and the the rifts is connected via the Display port, all is great - once its booted up and I then (and only then) plug the USB 3.0 in.

When I put the headset on (after plugging in the USB) within about a minute Oculus starts, and the headset wakes up.  Now if I leave the headset plugged in via DP AND USB, and start the computer the HMD seems dead, or has an orange light or even a white light (but will not work what ever light is on), Oculus shows a red circle and tells me to restart the software (which never fixes anything) I have to unplug the USB give it 30 secs and stick it back in again - works after that. 

Its not a problem, as we usually leave this computer on 24/7 but I always unplug the RiftS USB, to effectively switch it off when not in use - I never touch the Display Port and I have front facing USB ports. 
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    Oculus Quest 128GB (Loving it too)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Oculus app version 14.0.0.83.710 (14.0.0.83.710)