New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

TWD: Saints and Sinners wont install

Catdad666Catdad666 Posts: 3
NerveGear
"Sorry, it looks like your antivirus software blocked the installation of The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners"
I've literally turned off all my virus protection and tried again. Same thing. I've tried adding it to exclusions. Nope. Is this just a defective download or what? I've seen some others complain in reviews that they couldn't install but they give no details about their problem.

Comments

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,859 Valuable Player
    Did you restart your computer after disabling the anti-virus? Maybe you can uninstall the anti-virus temporarily. 

Did you install through steam or Oculus Home? I have the Steam version (playing with Index).
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • AdapTiv8AdapTiv8 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the exact same fkn problem!!. No anti virus and now it wants me to 're download 30gb again. Wtf? Never had this happen before. Refund will be shortly coming if not resolved asap. I don't run any mods, overlays, only thing I use on my VR pc is VorpX. And if you guys are stupid enough to let me DL 30gb then trash it over another VR software your idiots. I'm fkn pissed off, time is money for me. Ill send you my bill.
  • jjenjjen Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm now downloading another 33gb after 66gb have disappeared into the ether thanks to this problem. A pity those on metered connections. 
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,607 Valuable Player
    I feel your pain - I might even be forced to watch movies from discs this evening - anything slowing down my second download is not allowed  :s 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MCTERMMCTERM Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    im having same probs!!! is there a  fix!?!?!
  • DevianteDeviante Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited January 24
    Same problem, Downloaded failed to install due to antivirus, downloaded again, failed to install.  No explanation no fucking nothing gonna try for a refund.  What is the point of the staging folder, why make us download this shit every time it fails to install....  Hopefully steam can provide a better service
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,327
    Project 2501
    edited January 24
    Same here, I just bought and installed this game and I can't play it...

I tried to add exceptions in my antivirus which is windows 10 default antivirus and that made no difference. I have also  tried disabling my antivirus and that made no difference also.

Currently running Oculus repair tool to see if that helps and then going to try restarting my PC.

I've never had this issue before with any other VR game so this is very strange!  :(

Everybody try this and then report back if anything works:
    • Disable antivirus
    • Add exceptions to antivirus
    • run Oculus repair tool
    • Restart PC
    Well, after trying all of that things have gone from bad to worse. For some reason it started installing again so now it's downloading the whole game again, this is mental.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
    Project 2501
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,279 Valuable Player
    edited January 25
    Same here, left it downloading overnight got up all excited and damn, started to download again. :(
    edited January 25
    Bloody hell this is frustrating. I suggest instead of waiting to the end of the download to see if it is fixed just turn off your internet for a few secs at the beginning. If it starts from scratch rather than continuing you know it is still knackered.

I am buying steam in future were possible. Fed up of games not installing when I buy them. Normally it installs but does not launch, this is a new one.

Works fine on Steam, just don't interrupt the download.
    Remember that the Steam version has native Oculus driver support - and I can confirm that - played the game last night through Oculus Home without starting SteamVR.

But then you'll lose getting the low poly no textures Quest version for free ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

edited January 25
    Morning Runes

1. Just uninstalled anti-virus
    2. changed to beta in oculus in case a version change may help
    2. rebooted
    3. Tried to install again and says not enough disk space
    4. checked the OCulus directory and there is the whole downloaded PAK file but Oculus is not picking up it when restarting install. Not sure if the actual file or just it has reserved the space.

Bloody hell pffffft 

Ok so going to delete it and try again.

I think the problem maybe if it drops internet even for a second the install fails.
    edited January 25
    Ok I also set all the security on the folders for users to modify.

Its downloading now and I have more files than last time, there was just the TWD folder before.

• Max_ImmelmannMax_Immelmann Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    this is what you all get for buying from a company associated with facebook.  if you did NOT learn your lessons after the fiasco launches that were AW and stormland, this is your own damn fault.  go to a far superior store and company.......leave the Darkside.  join us, the Lightside, over at Valve.

oculus is THE ABSOLUTE WORST company to purchase software from.  their HMDs may be ok, but the store SUCKS @$$.

go ahead fanboys and haters, have a field day.  i could care less.  not like i am ever coming back to this thread any ways!  LMFAO

Erm ok. Thanks for the useful input.

Moving on. So not sure which one fixed it but it installed. :) I am a happy bunny now.
  • Catdad666Catdad666 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited January 25
    [UPDATE] I honestly have no clue how or why it finally installed, but basically, after all this crap, I just restarted my computer, let the DL do its thing for like the 5th time, and it just worked. I wish I could offer more details, but frankly, all I did was restart my PC. 
    Buuuuuuut, now the update is stuck at 8% for eternity LOL. WTF is wrong with this game dude?

edited January 27
    if you did NOT learn your lessons after the fiasco launches that were AW and stormland, this is your own damn fault.  go to a far superior store and company.......leave the Darkside.  join us, the Lightside, over at Valve.

oculus is THE ABSOLUTE WORST company to purchase software from.  their HMDs may be ok, but the store SUCKS @$$.

I'm fully convinced Asgard's Wrath is - by far - the single best computer game ever made by humans (no 2D game counts on the big list due to way too limited immersion - the very best 2D games would never go beyond 40-50% ratings in my book). Sure we've got great games like Lone Echo, Saints & Sinners etc, but none have the grand scale and immersion quality provided by Asgard's Wrath. 
    I did not choose a store or a hmd, I got into VR to play Lone Echo in 2017. And then I got what was needed for a great Lone Echo experience. I'd do the same today - let the games decide. Personally I'd let Stormland, Alyx etc. decide which hardware I should use - which has led me to have two hmds connected to the same rig, because you need more than one hmd to get optimal VR experiences these days. An optimal hmd for Boneworks will not be an optimal hmd for Stormland, but might in fact be close to the worst hmd for Stormland. 
    Oculus has provided my very best gaming experiences, and that does make Oculus close to the best company on the planet ;) Even though some tech and software problems may occur now and then.  

BTW, if one version of S&S fails to install, why not just refund and get it from a different store? Steam and Oculus Store versions both support native Oculus drivers - there will be no performance differences

Also it took me about 20 minutes to install a 23MB S&S patch yesterday using Steam - felt like all the 34GB were scanned to implement tiny changes - but I could be wrong. In short, be patient with the patches - they can take a long time to install, even if the download takes seconds.

• CaptnBonBonCaptnBonBon Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    this is what you all get for buying from a company associated with facebook.  if you did NOT learn your lessons after the fiasco launches that were AW and stormland, this is your own damn fault.  go to a far superior store and company.......leave the Darkside.  join us, the Lightside, over at Valve.

go ahead fanboys and haters, have a field day.  i could care less.  not like i am ever coming back to this thread any ways!  LMFAO

Then why were you here in the first place. Dont hate on a company that is the saving grace for VR. Zuckerberg has dumped more money into VR than anybody and will likely be the reason it goes mainstream. I personally dont care for the facebook platform but am very gratefull for the attention they have brought to VR. Now can someone help me get thos thing indtalled as I am too facing the same issue.
    Project 2501
    Guys I got mine to work after downloading the game 3x by just selecting a different drive. So try that, should fix the issue for you.
  • chapierchapier Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    hey guys I'm a old head but love my games..I had the same problem with trying to install ( The Walking Dead as well) after trying 4 times to download this extremely big file taking a ridicules long time, only to have it fail again and again. I came to the conclusion that it had to be the Router. what I did to fix it: LOGIN to the setting to your router and go to the WAN setup.. look for NAT Filtering and chose to make your NAT ( OPEN). by default this is secured. so you must chose to open and apply to save the settings. now download the app again.. this time it will install completely. this is what I did and thank God it worked.. 
  • AlexSuperNova81AlexSuperNova81 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Really disapointed by Oculus... i had redownload a second Time and Still get the same problem message, all antivirus and firewall off it change Nothing, i asked for a refund and will buy it on steam! Oculus need to fix all theses bugs or they wont succes with all this. So many problems and bugs with oculus and i am just discovering it till yesterday 
  • CaptnBonBonCaptnBonBon Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue on all games I download from the Oculus store. What works for me is hitting install not touching the pc until it is done. If I do anything, it will fail. 
    Do you guys use a wireless or a wired connection?
  • scouser1963scouser1963 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue on all games I download from the Oculus store. What works for me is hitting install not touching the pc until it is done. If I do anything, it will fail. 
    Had the same issue tried 5 times turned off anti virus and fire wall still same shit and after you try to install it downloads the bloody game again problem solved use your app on your phone oculus and got to purchase history And request a refund. Describing your problem. And then head over to steam. And download the game. And it works straight away. Well, it did for me. And I'm sure it will for you. Good luck.
  • scouser1963scouser1963 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Really disapointed by Oculus... i had redownload a second Time and Still get the same problem message, all antivirus and firewall off it change Nothing, i asked for a refund and will buy it on steam! Oculus need to fix all theses bugs or they wont succes with all this. So many problems and bugs with oculus and i am just discovering it till yesterday 
    Same problem got a refund went to steam worked straight away 
  • cykowardencykowarden Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey, I was having the same problem with TWD: Saints and Sinners not installing because of anti-virus (Which i dont have on my PC), i tried turning off windows firewall/defender.  Reinstalled Oculus software, but nothing worked. I saw somewhere about turning on BETA for Oculus Home, so I gave that a try and downloaded all the updates, NOW IT INSTALLS!  So if you haven't, give that a go.  Turn on BETA(Public Test Channel) in the settings of the Oculus software.
  • Moguel23Moguel23 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey, I was having the same problem with TWD: Saints and Sinners not installing because of anti-virus (Which i dont have on my PC), i tried turning off windows firewall/defender.  Reinstalled Oculus software, but nothing worked. I saw somewhere about turning on BETA for Oculus Home, so I gave that a try and downloaded all the updates, NOW IT INSTALLS!  So if you haven't, give that a go.  Turn on BETA(Public Test Channel) in the settings of the Oculus software.
    THIS!
    USE THE BETA PUBLIC TEST CHANNEL
  • cmaffia2019cmaffia2019 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I had the same problem.  I contact support and they had me temporarily disable Windows 10 Defender Real-Time monitoring.  They said this is a known problem.
  • DaScorpDaScorp Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem here and the same problem with Asgard Wrath.
    Refund both and buyed Sinners @ Steam, workes perfectly... In Future i buy on Steam only, shit on exclusives -.-
  • EarLoebEarLoeb Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I was having the same problem but here's how I fixed it:
    I closed the Oculus app after it all failed and made sure nothing was running in task manager.
    Then I reopened the app by right clicking and hitting "Run as Administrator"
    Then it worked! Don't know if this was a fluke or not but maybe it will work for some of you.