cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consider Foot Sensors?

Vider01
Honored Guest
I'm wondering if Oculus has considered, or would consider, creating sensors to track your feet while using the Quest. It has been fantastic to move about freely. You truly feel immersed. However, you're missing half your body while in the games. So, you can't really tell where you are standing while on a platform or moving to a certain spot in the virtual setting. All the sensors would need to do is track your ankle locations. Whatever the solution, it would make the experience that much more realistic.
5 REPLIES 5

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
I, too, would love to feel more immersed in VR with full body and/or foot tracking. Unfortunately, the Quest cameras would have trouble seeing the trackers on my feet THROUGH MY FAT STOMACH! :smile:

ezop73
Rising Star
Already in the works but by a 3rd party Company.

Full-body tracking on Oculus Quest with Antilatency tracking system.

codenat
Explorer
I, too, would love to see this. I have thought about programming some games/experiences for dancers and this would be perfect. A small "anklet" that you could wear would cool. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are so called "Cyber Shoes" on Amazon.. Cost around 300€ and you have to sit down, but is seems to work great and are good for people who play FPS Games as well as Alyx and it is supposed to help with Motion Sickness.

Next month I will buy them, pachek this month is already used up for more important stuff^^

hbsbh81
Honored Guest

I want to be able to kick barrels and monsters in HL:Alyx, and other games to.