cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having problems with my usb 3.0 port

leklick
Honored Guest
whenever i first start the oculus app and plug in my headset and get it set up, within a few minutes it just turns off and doesn't detect my headset anymore. then when i check my device manager the "VIA USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)" driver for my usb 3.0 comes up the with error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and ive looked it up online and most stuff hasn't worked. 
5 REPLIES 5

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Maybe get a USB card that plugs into one of your PCI-E slots That USB cable needs a lot of juice that your motherboard may not be able to supply. https://www.amazon.ca/Startech-PEXUSB3S44V-SuperSpeed-Dedicated-Channels/dp/B00HJZEA2S/ref=sr_1_1_ss...
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

leklick
Honored Guest
its rather expensive, do you think upgrading my motherboard or anything else would fix it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I think I have solved it.

First I formatted the pc. (unnecessary)

In addition I have changed the USB port.

But the oculus still remained undetected well and if I now had
the black screen problem.

The definitive solution is

In device manager uninstall the oculus driver.

With the oculus app on and searching for the oculus, disconnect
USB and displayport.

Plug in USB and then displayport.

and it is also very important to disable hybrid shutdown on W10

And restart

Works.

leklick
Honored Guest
as i was trying this it seem i cant get the usb to connect at all anymore, i used to be able to and then it would go black, i had 4 usb3 ports, 2 were working and 2 weren't and now none of them are and it just says "youre headset is plugged into and incompatible usb port" no matter what i do.

kobs57
Heroic Explorer

leklick said:

its rather expensive, do you think upgrading my motherboard or anything else would fix it?

USB ports are used to recharge smart phones data transfer from USB keys and such I don't think any of the motherboard manufacturers think of powering a VR headset with the onboard USB chip which is why I suggested a dedicated 4 port card for heavy use, it has it's own power plug and a chip per channel (dedicated) it also draws power from the PCI slot.  You can have a cheaper USB card which will use 1 single chip for 3 or 4 ports but then you'll be in the same  boat you were to start with but with a different chip. Those are good when you want more USB plug for light use. Reading your last post it seems you asked too much of that onboard chip and the worse happened they burnt out
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD