New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus App Wont Install

DankAceDankAce Posts: 5
NerveGear
Ok, so I got a new Oculus Rift S for Christmas. Yay! Vr! But, after trying to install the Oculus app, I get an error saying "Restart computer". I've been working on it for a month now. Anybody got any suggestions?or

Comments

• DankAceDankAce Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I forgot to mention, I have contacted Oculus support many times.
  • kobs57kobs57 Posts: 190
    Art3mis
    Have you tried deleting the oculus software completely and reinstalling it? Not just the disinstall that is offered in the program but disinstalling it from windows uninstall program, I had something similar but all I had was the black square and the oculus logo what ever I did till I disinstalled it with Revo uninstall, it's a free program
    VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 
    32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory,
     MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard,
    EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD   
    NerveGear
    I'll try that, thank you.
    NerveGear
    Actually, the app doesn't come up at all. And yes, i've tried the clean uninstall.
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 107
    Art3mis
    Check this i had same recently.
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link
    NerveGear
    How do I activate these services?
  • iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 107
    Art3mis
    edited January 28
    DankAce said:
    How do I activate these services?

This is for windows 10 only don't know on other OS'es.
    Type in search Services, open it and find in the list those services see if they are running and set to automatic, if not double click and change to Automatic from Manual or Disabled, apply and after this start them.
    It is possible that the problem was more related to Virtual Desktop Service not Server service.
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link