New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

oculus setup plz restart pc and then restart oculus set up

con9pocon9po Posts: 1
NerveGear
ok hi I have issue ware I had oculus home for my qest and I recently picked up a dk2 for my pc but I tried to install some legacy software for it but it cruped my home and it self so I uninstalled it and home but I can't reinstall either of them when I try I says plz restart pc and then restart oculus set up so can some one plz help 

Comments

• iTesla8iTesla8 Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    If you mean Oculus software during installation at some point it stops and say Restart PC and then try again if it does not help contact Oculus Support.?
    I had something similar recently, only i was using Oculus Quest with cable to Link and some glitch happened because GPU has overheated, i went and did Repair but it failed with similar message, the problem was caused by me i have disabled 2 Services in windows, they are named Server service it must be Automatic and started the second is Virtual Desktop Service must be Automatic and started, after i enabled them and started the installation of Oculus software worked without errors.
    My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link