New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Nausea fix need help refining it

So I tried Boneworks.   This game floored me within two steps, and I was super nauseous.   The only thing that works so far is to cram two straws across the bridge of my nose in the headset to give me an anchor point.  With two straws in there I have 0 nausea.  the problem is that it is super uncomfortable and inconvenient.

Any one have any experience or ideas on a better way? 

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,156 Valuable Player
    edited January 31
    I have no problems with Boneworks, but the devs recommend it only to seasoned VR enthusiasts, thus if you're new to VR this game should be your last choice. Start with some games where you don't move (Beat Saber etc) and gradually move on to apps where you can move more, maybe like Job/Vacation Simulator (Vader Immortal) where you can walk a few meters. Pistol Whip may be ok too due to constant movement - but that game is not for beginners too.
    Or limit your time and gradually increase exposure. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • bitziebitzie Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Aside from playing less intense games, maybe try having the guardian boundary visible when you look down. I know it breaks immersion a bunch, but it really helps keep you oriented and may help with nausea as well.
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 835
    Trinity
    Your trying to run before you can walk, VR takes some getting used to, stick to games with comfortable ratings, use teleport method to move.  You have to break yourself in gradually, too much too fast and you will boff.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • Detsuo04Detsuo04 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Yea and I succeeded in running fine.  having an anchor point in my view stopped my nausea 100%  I was just wondering if anyone else had tried something like this.

Everywhere I go to ask for a little help with this problem tells me the same thing.  "Dont play games"   that is not really helpful.
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 835
    Trinity
    Detsuo04 said:
    Everywhere I go to ask for a little help with this problem tells me the same thing.  "Dont play games"   that is not really helpful.
    With respect, no one here has said that.  You are being given good advice, if you are someone who wont take good advice, then no one will ever be able to help you.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.