I am totally frustrated with Oculus support.
I broke a lens ring on my Oculus Go. Totally my fault. I pressed it in too hard after inserting the eyeglass spacer.
I searched online and on the Oculus site for replacement parts, but came up empty.
When I asked Oculus if I could buy a new ring, instead of saying "yes" or "no", here is what I got from customer support:
- Which side lens ring broke?
- Could you send me a picture of the broken lens ring?
And also, from the email message:
Also, while I look into this further for you, I would like to collect some additional information:
- Full name
- Shipping address
- Phone number
- Headset serial number: which is located under the left strap and starts with "1KWPH"
- Unit serial number, which can be located on the bottom of the white box and starts with "1KWVRG"
- Retail receipt or invoice including item, retailer, price, and date -OR- Oculus order number
I had all but the receipt, since I got this as a gift. However crazy the amount of info I need to submit in order to get a response, I submitted all the information that Oculus asked. After submitting the info, I was asked to provide still more info.
I still have not gotten a lens ring. Not a big deal, Krazy Glue fixed the problem. Why is all this info needed to buy a flimsy piece of plastic? It is not as if I am asking for a refund or a freebee. I have never experience this much bureaucracy just to get a simple answer, "Can I buy a lens ring?"
BTW, Oculus does not sell replacement rings, so buy some Krazy Glue and hope that you never lose one of these retainers.