New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Aldi's

snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,297 Valuable Player
edited February 2 in Off-Topic
Just wondering if any of you have bought any electric or electronic goods from Aldi's before?

They have this thing where every Thursday they get new stuff in and once it's all gone they won't have it in stock again.

I got myself an Omelette Maker earlier on today but haven't tried it out yet.

They also do cheap 3D Printers too apparently!

I love Aldi's, food tends to be cheaper than other supermarkets generally and it's good quality stuff. 😎😁
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,389
    Project 2501
    Here in Australia they do it on Wednesday and Saturday. I get their stuff quite often. Reasonably priced, good warranty. People are queued up outside on the Wednesday mornings.

I have a question for you now. Does UK Aldi have a mobile phone service?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,165 Valuable Player
    I bought one of their laptops once (the Medion brand). It was decent for it's cheap price.
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,297 Valuable Player
    Not sure if Aldi do a mobile service, I know that Tesco do.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Just tried it and it's pretty good. The omelettes are pretty small though but one is good enough for a quick snack.

I didn't have the thing in for quite long enough and there was a bit of runny egg so I'm going to bung them in for 6 or probably 7 minutes next time.

I did a hot pepperoni and raw diced onion one and it was VERY tasty.

Hopefully I haven't given myself Sam and Ella disease to quote Del Boy 😂😂😂

I just wish this thing was a bit bigger but I can't complain for 12 or 13 quid.

Definitely have to put the things in for longer. I think it's me putting in frozen cubed onions and frozen chopped peppers that increases the time needed.

They're REALLY tasty though! Really glad I bought it! B)