New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Reinstall the Rift S usb hub?

Darkness_Fills_YouDarkness_Fills_You Posts: 25
Brain Burst
edited February 3 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
I get this everytime i try to use my headset even though it is plugged in into the usb 3.0 and their is no Rift S Usb Hub in device manager. I was wondering if i can reinstall the Rift S hub?

Comments

• Darkness_Fills_YouDarkness_Fills_You Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Please help me

• paddy26paddy26 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hi.

after getting the error have you tried unplugging the usb cable from the pc and then replugging it back in?

i have a different issue with the usb hub. if i have the usb plugged in when i turn on the pc then it doesn't detect the hub. i get the blue light icon against devices in oculus software. as a workaround after getting the blue light icon i unplug the usb cable from the pc and the plug it back in. the usb hub then shows up and i get a green light icon for the headset and it works fine. i have an active support ticket open for this at the moment.

\Patrick

Brain Burst
    edited February 6
    Of course I have, this issue has been showing for over a week now. I have tried almost everything, I haven't tried getting new usb 3.0 slots but i dont want to do that. I was mainly asking a way if i can reinstall the Rift S usb hub drivers. That is my problem.
  • paddy26paddy26 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    you should be able to use parts of this instructions to reinstall the drivers:
    reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/eoy744/rift_s_display_port_not_found_fix_driver_rollback/

\Patrick
    Brain Burst
    The rift s usbs reinstalled but now my usb 3.0 root hub is gone?
    Brain Burst
    P l e a s e     h e l p     m e
    Brain Burst
    PLEASE I NEED HELP
    Brain Burst
    ITS BEEN MONTHS

• BulletInYourHeadBulletInYourHead Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Maybe you can get new Drivers for your Motherboard.
  • TechnoRavenTechnoRaven Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have a "Display port not detected" problem when I use a USB extension cable 3.0+ DP (2 m), and I tried changing the USB port to another in the back of the motherboard, as a result, it works but games like Pavlov VR and the like stuck at the stage of vibration of the controllers. If I change the USB port to the old one (return), then it works for 2-10 minutes and the error "DP not detected" occurs. How do you think the rollback from reddit will help me?
  • Ray_SoverRay_Sover Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    edited February 14
    It probably won't. 5 metres is the reliable limit for USB 3.0 and DisplayPort without powered repeaters. Passive extensions of any length added to the existing 5 metres of the Rift S cable will always be hit-and-miss.
    Intel i5-6600K OCed to 4.5GHz (all cores) @ 1.3V with Corsair Hydro H60 Rev.2 liquid cooling | Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56 OCed to 1.5GHz base clock @ 1V | 16GB (2x 8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4-3333 CL16 RAM | Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming K3 motherboard | Win10 Pro 64-bit on 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD on PCIe3.0 x4 | Corsair RM750x PSU | Oculus Rift S
  • TechnoRavenTechnoRaven Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Well: very sorry :( Although I found a lot of feedback on reddit and amazon, people used passive extension cords and had positive experiences. This is strange.