All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 3, 2019.
*Update 2/4/2020 2:55pm - Added section for Oculus Link changes.
- You now have the ability to reset your guardian from within Dash while using Oculus Link.
- A button to enable Oculus Link has been added to the Quest system menu bar.
- Fixed an issue where audio was only audible when Dash was present.
- Fixed an issue where Home would not load when enabling Oculus Link.
- Fixed an issue where audio would only work for some users if it was set to 100%.
- Fixed an issue so you can now replay a video you've recorded for abuse reporting purposes before submitting it, while running Oculus Link.
- Performance and stability updates.
- When switching from Hand Tracking to using controllers, you can now more easily find your controllers by enabling Passthrough
- We’ve added an option to enable automatic transitioning between hand tracking and controllers
- We’ve added a new step to the Hand Tracking Tutorial that will allow you to practice scrolling with your hands
- Remote rendering support for Unity has been added so developers can more easily build and test Hand Tracking apps through their PC
- Improved Hand Tracking stability
- You can now start a party direct from a live event’s detail page to help you and your friends get into the event together more efficiently.
- We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
- Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
- Viewing a developer-created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
- Viewing a user-created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
- You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.
- Updated app search appearance and behavior. Please note that we are testing this new look and feel with a limited group, so some users may continue to see the old version.
- A new app called Scoreboards will allow you to see how your achievement and leaderboard accomplishments compare to your friends’. Please note that this feature is rolling out slowly to all users, so you may not see it right away.
- The storage manager has received a makeover! A new look and some updated descriptions will allow you to have a better understanding of your device’s storage use.
- User profiles have been updated to show the apps that you own, your achievements, and your friends.
- Fixed a bug with party invitations, making it no longer possible to invite a user to a party that they are already in.
- Fixed a bug related to app downloads that caused the headset to stop responding
- Made the process of launching an app after switching from hand tracking to controllers more efficient.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused app purchase button text to be displayed oddly.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a "Tracking Lost" when waking the headset up from a sleep state.
- Fixed a bug where avatar thumbnails would sometimes not update in all locations after a change was made.
- (Oculus Go) Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the display to lock up when waking the headset up from sleep.
- Additional bug fixes and stability improvements.