New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S and Rift Build 13.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 221 Oculus Staff
All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 3, 2019.

Events
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.
Oculus Mirror
  • We’ve exposed the customization options to the Oculus Mirror tool as a Graphical User Interface.
    • These options will allow you to do things like adjust the mirror type, choose which eye(s) is displayed on the mirror, adjust the FOV scale of the mirror, and also take screenshots.
    • You can also save and load Oculus Mirror settings within the File menu, which will also save and restore the window position and size.
    • Hotkeys for these new options can be found next to each item within the Settings and File menus.
    • The tool will automatically reconnect to the Oculus Service in the event of a service restart.
    • The Oculus Mirror tool can be launched by navigating to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics and selecting OculusMirror.exe.

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,389
    Project 2501
    edited February 3
    Oculus Mirror             Some handy features here.

To actually see the "Settings" and "File" menus, I need to first click in the main window. Is this normal default behaviour? Or is it just mine?
    It seems a little unWindows like to left click in the main window to toggle the menu bar.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,754 Valuable Player
    Given the very small infio given on this update it will be VERY interesting to see what other surprises are  on in store for this latest final update.Maybe they are all positive, who knows? 

You certainly cannot see any corrections noted from the previous 13 ptc feedback. 

I'm esp. concerned whether or not X-Plane 11 will properly shutdown like it has since v1.36, and still does with v12.1.  I have not yet received this final update yet so I cannot say for sure.  When I do I'll let you all know.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• kgian76kgian76 Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    Any news of Oculus link microphone working again?
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 348
    Trinity
    edited February 4
    As the mirror doesn't automatically remember the settings which were used but you have to automatically load the saved settings, the .bat stays more quicker way to run it at least for streaming purposes.

EDIT: Although, if the settings set with the UI are real time on mirror window itself, it helps to find the best fov multiplier.
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!
  • adam.poole.313adam.poole.313 Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    Has this PTC turned final release helped anyone with the framedrop/stuttering problem? I keep seeing people complain about it elsewhere and also the USB disconnection issue that didn't exist before version 12 driver. I don't understand how the drivers keep getting updated without fixing known problems. How are you ever going to fix things when you keep adding in new variables to the problem? Is Oculus even working on this anymore?

Two months is way too long to wait for this to be fixed and the complaints just keep getting buried every time a new driver gets released. Oculus is not taking Rift S customers or this problem seriously at all.
  • daws72daws72 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited February 4
    (Edit. Probably I don't get the real v13 update, even the release note said that.) 

V13 final is not good. (to use a polite word)
    Got the same old latency stutters with no ASW acting. (GPU and CPU are below 11ms..but I guess this is not true.)

Why you've used an older runtime: version 1.44.0.17298 (from v12 PTC) instead of the recent v13 PTC 1.45.0.25069, that works way better, even it's not perfect??
    Why when a good fix was found and reported, you're not using it??
    You n.1 to let user loose fait.
    You look like you're crawling in the dark with this mess of releases.
    Come on guys you're better than this!
  • daws72daws72 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited February 4
    Just to add that maybe even the download update show v13 new release note.. This is not looking as a new release... Is the update procedure messed up? 
  • KaterpiletKaterpilet Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited February 4
    I switched to PTC because my PC app version was 12 while my Quest auto-updated to 13. When I did this, I saw severe frame stutter problems making the headset unusable via Oculus Link in Unity. I tried this on a Rift as well and saw the same issue. Reverting back to v12 fixed it. Will this be fixed before release? Also will there be a mechanism in place for the future where I can guarantee that PC and Quest update at same time? This breaks my development workflow. 
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,208 Volunteer Moderator
    I switched to PTC because my PC app version was 12 while my Quest auto-updated to 13. When I did this, I saw severe frame stutter problems making the headset unusable via Oculus Link in Unity. I tried this on a Rift as well and saw the same issue. Reverting back to v12 fixed it. Will this be fixed before release? Also will there be a mechanism in place for the future where I can guarantee that PC and Quest update at same time? This breaks my development workflow. 
    They just released PTC version 14, and it remains compatible with Quest v13, so it seems like they're making improvements on Quest-PC software compatibility.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • morphee7morphee7 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    oculus im sorry but how can you release v13 for everyone over this week i believe the quote was when you have had reports from us PTC users provide feedback on the issues and before everyone has it you release a v14 PTC knowing there must be issues with v13
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,754 Valuable Player
    morphee7 said:
    oculus im sorry but how can you release v13 for everyone over this week i believe the quote was when you have had reports from us PTC users provide feedback on the issues and before everyone has it you release a v14 PTC knowing there must be issues with v13
    Ya, I'm kinda wondering (and worrying) about this myself (Rift cv1).  I just tried 14 PTC and this did not work well for me so I opted out of beta and got rolled back to 12.0.0.306.268 (although the what's new told me it was 13.0).

Anyway, all is working fine for now but I'm not sure what to expect if this actually gets updated later this week.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• costantino.deciacostantino.decia Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Oculus App Version 12.0.0.306.268 isn't compatible with my Oculus Quest/PCLink Version 13.0. I tried to use on 14 PTC but id doesn't work for me. Before the Quest was on Version 12.0, same as the App everything was working fine. A Quest rollback to Version 12.0 isn't possible anymore.  I tried to re-install the App as I assumed I get Version 13.0, but it's still showing 12.0.0.306.268 and the release notes commented version 13.0. Very confusing !
  • OneFatalOneFatal Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Oculus App Version 12.0.0.306.268 isn't compatible with my Oculus Quest/PCLink Version 13.0. I tried to use on 14 PTC but id doesn't work for me. Before the Quest was on Version 12.0, same as the App everything was working fine. A Quest rollback to Version 12.0 isn't possible anymore.  I tried to re-install the App as I assumed I get Version 13.0, but it's still showing 12.0.0.306.268 and the release notes commented version 13.0. Very confusing !
    yea, it suck. A lot.3 days without update 13 now. No words from Oculus either.
  • gamersbubugamersbubu Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Oculus straight up needs to fire some people.
  • gregor616gregor616 Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    OneFatal said:
    Last two updates I sideloaded the update the day it released. Look on Reddit and you will find easy to follow instructions and links to the latest update files. Now if only someone would find a way to do the same for the PC Application as well. 
    Oculus Quest 
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard
    Brain Burst
    edited February 7
    gregor616 said:
    OneFatal said:
    Last two updates I sideloaded the update the day it released. Look on Reddit and you will find easy to follow instructions and links to the latest update files. Now if only someone would find a way to do the same for the PC Application as well. 
    I already have the V13 on quest, I got it the first day. PC on the otherwise seems hopeless.
  • gregor616gregor616 Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    OneFatal said:
    I already have the car on quest, I got it the first day. PC on the otherwise seems hopeless.
    I am still looking for a way to manually update the PC. Some smart redditor will figure it out. 
    Oculus Quest 
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 221 Oculus Staff
    Hey folks - As of yesterday afternoon (around 2pm pst), the v13 software update is available to 100% of users. If you don't yet have the update, I recommend using the Settings > Beta > Restart Oculus option to restart the service and then check in Library > Updates to see if the new software version is downloading. If that doesn't yield positive results, please contact customer support. Thanks!
  • suppenhuhnsuppenhuhn Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    edited February 7
    Strange: my oculus app is only installing v12 ( Public Test Channel off ) or v14 ( Public Test Channel on )   -  but no v13 ?!?
    Deinstalled - Reinstalled the oculus app, but still the same

greetings from bavaria
  • Colonel_IzziColonel_Izzi Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    edited February 7
    Hey folks - As of yesterday afternoon (around 2pm pst), the v13 software update is available to 100% of users. If you don't yet have the update, I recommend using the Settings > Beta > Restart Oculus option to restart the service and then check in Library > Updates to see if the new software version is downloading. If that doesn't yield positive results, please contact customer support. Thanks!
    Basically no-one here or in Reddit circles is able to find a v13 update it seems, so this seems more like an "Oculus needs to figure out why this is happening to everyone" problem rather than a "please contact support if you're an isolated case" problem.

Also, the "What's New" dialogue is showing v13 release notes for everything. It's showing v13 release notes for PTC v14, it's showing v13 release notes when you leave the PTC and get downgraded back to v12 (which is still happening as of an hour ago), and it's even showing v13 release notes for previous updates.
    Brain Burst
    Would be awesome if true, but its not. I even got a live chat with oculus this morning and they said I should received within the next few days...This is getting really ridiculous.
  • TurinTurambarTurinTurambar Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I just checked and no, no v13 in sight!
  • gamersbubugamersbubu Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Same here.  I am not getting v13.
  • maxstepmaxstep Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Cannot update to v13 from v12 as updater cannot find it; and cannot roll back to v13 from the currently "three gray dots" broken v14 PTC as despite the update seemingly happening, the settings still says v14 and library keeps trying to redownload v13.
  • olikasolikas Posts: 1
    NerveGear

I think you meant 0% of users and not 100% of users
  • Colonel_IzziColonel_Izzi Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    maxstep said:
    Cannot update to v13 from v12 as updater cannot find it; and cannot roll back to v13 from the currently "three gray dots" broken v14 PTC as despite the update seemingly happening, the settings still says v14 and library keeps trying to redownload v13.
    Temporary fix: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/729631/#Comment_729631

• NetheriNetheri Posts: 348
    Trinity
    edited February 7
    Just noticed your post on this thread about the "update avail for 100% users". Is there some update server issue going on with this update, as no update here, also friend with Quest saying no ver. 13 installed?

(Yeah, service restarted etc. )

Also, could you give some direct feedback from forums to devs, that as in _almost_ EVERY OTHER hardware/software  these days where there's ongoing sw/firmware developement the actual "check for updates"-option is included as a "given" from the start, why isn't there this one little button in Oculus desktop app? :D

EDIT: Well actually never mind, i guess there isn't any improvements for the CV1 anyway on the ver 13.  :D
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!
    Brain Burst
    There is an obvious issue with the update rollout, it's not working. I need my VR fix this weekend, come on wake up!
  • ShiiShii Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    13.1 update released. Full version number: 13.0.0.280.463. Oculus Link confirmed as finally working by several people from Virtual Reality discord.
    Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 32Gb RAM, MSI RTX 2080 8Gb Gaming X Trio
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 221 Oculus Staff
    Hey everyone - thanks for the rapid feedback. I passed this info along to the team. They quickly investigated and found that there was indeed a previously unnoticed issue with the Rift rollout which prevented it from being available to the community. Really sorry for the miscommunication there and any inconvenience this caused! We’re working to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. We have confirmed that Rift S / Rift v13 has now been released to 30% of users. Our engineering team will review performance data, and assuming everything looks okay there, we will be making the update available to all users as soon as possible. The v13 Quest rollout is unaffected by the issue we discovered and that update has been made available to all users at this time. Thanks for your patience and understanding.