New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Link not working after update

SquallHartSquallHart Posts: 6
NerveGear
Hello everyone,
My Oculus Link doesn't work anymore after updating my Quest to the 13.0 version and activating the BETA RELEASES for my oculus software on PC (that is now on 13.0 too)

Is that normal ?
If i disable the beta release for my oculus software on PC the link doesn't work too.
Please help ! 
Thanks guys.

(i send with this post the message that oculus software show me if BETA releases is activated and the version of the oculus software that is installed)

Comments

• MrBMTMrBMT Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 5
    Opting in to the beta channel actually installs the Oculus v14 PC software, despite the release notes saying v13.
    The v14 PC software release notes say it should work for Oculus Link when using the Quest v13 update, but it's actually broken and does not work with it at the moment.
    Disabling the beta software probably downgraded you back to v12 like it did for me and unfortunately all we can do right now is wait until we receive the actual v13 PC software, or for them to fix the v14 PC software.
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
    Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable
  • garfinnabaggarfinnabag Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Apehjerne said:
    Second that.
    Thanks a lot Oculus - for causing this much FRUSTRATION and wasting my time. Link works fine, until.. woops, it doesn't. Update is required. Naturally. And then my quest is in need of an update (simply go to the "about" section on the quest and toggle the update there - which of course is not possible). I realize Link is still in beta - but why the ****** can't you roll out the quest/oculus app updates simultaneously or somehow otherwise make it possible for users to actually get to use this **** thing while you are working on necessary updates?
    Link is the main reason why I bought the Quest, but at this point I've had so much frustration that I'm starting to regret it.
    The same thing happend to me
    NerveGear
    Yes i did it i repaired the oculus app then i turned off the internett and pc then i started my pc and it worked, btw do not turn on internett and close the app before you do
  • liresiliresi Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I was able to fix the link.   I have V14 PC and V13 on the Quest.  I had disabled the microphone for the headset since it didn’t work anymore.  I went into sound settings>control panel>recording tab and enabled the headset microphone again.  I was able to get to Oculus home on the PC and launch an app.  I did not need to set the microphone as default.    I saw that audio settings in a reddit post fixed others, so I tried this and it worked.
  • ohgrantohgrant Posts: 278
    Nexus 6
    edited February 8
    Same here, both platform and PC versions updated to 13. Link no longer works, I get the endless 3 dots with black background. I tried restarting Quest and PC multiple times, each time unplugging and reinserting USB C from PC, with same results. I then tried PTC ver 14 just to see if I could connect, same results. Rolling back to 13 now.
     I noticed I was blessed with a Windows update at the same time as PC version 13 was installing...
     I think something may have gone wrong with the Quest platform install. I was using sidequest and an ADB resolution hack when 13 was installing. I'm also having issues with Quest v13 controllers dropping out even with hand tracking disabled. 
     I would do a factory reset but it's stable when not connected o PC, I've been really enjoying the mods I've been playing with the native res hack. I'm content using my Quest wireless for now and use my Reverb on PC.
     Would be great to see that "update" button also act as a repair or reinstall button when link matures   
    Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 16gb ddr 4 3200, 1080ti. Z800 HMD, DK1, DK2, CV1, Vive wireless, Quest, HP Reverb. Viewsonic 1080p 3D projector ASUS 3D vision monitor.  UAD Apollo interface, Yamaha studio monitors.  
  • GunyGreyhawkGunyGreyhawk Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the same problems. PC-Software is on version 12 OR version 14 (if I activate the Public Test Channel - but the Quest is on version 13. Oculus Link doesn´t works anymore - since days now! :-\
  • TheTonaZTheTonaZ Posts: 36
    NerveGear
    This is ridiculous
  • pancho12162000pancho12162000 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    how can we fix it?
  • StrongitStrongit Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    The fix that worked for me (although I can't take credit for it, lenne0815 posted it) was to open your sound device settings and change the oculus audio device name back to "Headphones" and change the oculus microphone to "Headset Microphone".

As I mentioned in the other thread as well that's just really, really shoddy coding.  They should be using the device ID and not a user changeable field to reference the audio device.
  • timothybosstimothyboss Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited February 9
    Show of hands.  Who has the issue of the link not working after V13 roll out and is using the recommended USB 3.0 cable.  I do not use the recommended anvil cable off Ebay, but do use a USB C to USB C that worked with V12.  I bet the wrong version of software was rolled out and are not compatible.  The PC app VS headset is not the same; one has a .280 and one is a .298 in the software version.

For this reason 'community managers' please provide feedback to developers to use this time to make a roll back version option for inconsistent beta releases.

Honest mistakes happen and its understood but an inconvenience to the community testing the beta.  Like in DCS World 2.5 sometimes Eagle Dynamics tests the planes in air start and not on ground but when the Beta releases there are problems with planes starting on ground that are not seen from air starts.  So deductive reasoning is to ensure tests are covered prior to releasing a product, unless this is a test to see how many users use the link and are not happy with it not working... Im not happy.
  • gman713gman713 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Crap.  Same thing happened to me.   It was working fine last night and now this morning nothing works.  I was just about to purchase the Walking Dead game and the Asgard's Wrath game from the Oculus store too!  That stinks because I really wanted to purchase and play those.  I guess I'll check back in a few weeks to see if Quest Link is finally working again.
    NerveGear
    Gman713 did you try my solution?
  • superhepsuperhep Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I can confirm that Windows Oculus App PTC v 14 can work with Link against Oculus Quest with v 13. I had to rename the Headphones Oculus Virtual Audio device from the norwegian word "Hodetelefoner" to "Headphones" in Control Panel, Sound devices. Then the Oculus app displayed the Quest headset with "all green" icons and I could start Oculus Link. Previously Link failed to start. Thanks, @strongit and @lenne0815.
    NerveGear
    superhep said:
    I can confirm that Windows Oculus App PTC v 14 can work with Link against Oculus Quest with v 13. I had to rename the Headphones Oculus Virtual Audio device from the norwegian word "Hodetelefoner" to "Headphones" in Control Panel, Sound devices. Then the Oculus app displayed the Quest headset with "all green" icons and I could start Oculus Link. Previously Link failed to start. Thanks, @strongit and @lenne0815.
    Haha i am from norway so i should try that
  • superhepsuperhep Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    superhep said:
    Let me know if it worked :-)
    NerveGear
    superhep said:
    superhep said:
    Let me know if it worked :-)
    Actually i already had those setting, but yeah everything was working for me but it said that i didnt have audio hvile i had
  • cozyfleacozyflea Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    liresi said:
    I was able to fix the link.   I have V14 PC and V13 on the Quest.  I had disabled the microphone for the headset since it didn’t work anymore.  I went into sound settings>control panel>recording tab and enabled the headset microphone again.  I was able to get to Oculus home on the PC and launch an app.  I did not need to set the microphone as default.    I saw that audio settings in a reddit post fixed others, so I tried this and it worked.
    can confirm this worked for me and I'm on Quest 13 and PC app 13.
  • rob.hiatt.75rob.hiatt.75 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    My pc software app just says update required, update queued, has been that way for days. Even ran repair to no avail.
  • MacthstickMacthstick Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    this sucks
  • Chungking67Chungking67 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Strongit said:
    The fix that worked for me (although I can't take credit for it, lenne0815 posted it) was to open your sound device settings and change the oculus audio device name back to "Headphones" and change the oculus microphone to "Headset Microphone".

As I mentioned in the other thread as well that's just really, really shoddy coding.  They should be using the device ID and not a user changeable field to reference the audio device.

Worked for me as well.
    I'm french so I just had to rename "casque" to "headphones" in the playback tab of the sound devices control panel. Didn't have to bother about the mic which was already named properly.