New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Gear VR not doing anything upon connecting

ElistonColeElistonCole Posts: 1
NerveGear

So, I used to use my Gear VR a lot a couple months back. Got it back out today and plugged my phone in but nothing.. I realised now that it occasionally gives a notifications of 'USB device connected' but then two seconds later 'USB device disconnected'.. I've tried all sorts of troubleshooting from online searches, but nothing. I've cleaned out the male and female connecters, it's locked, everything. I don't have another phone to try it with, but I will take it to a shop tomorrow and see if they have any luck? Phone still works with charger etc.

Using an S9, Gear VR - SM-R325.

Any help, much appreciated!

Comments

• DurdyburdDurdyburd Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    same here , hope someone figures this out
  • ajmoorajmoor Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    My Oculus software and Gear VR worked fine until recently. I've changed nothing.  Now when I insert the phone into the Gear VR, the "connected" sound plays, but when I put the device on my head, nothing happens.  I took it to the Palo Alto Samsung Experience, which has a genius bar, but they don't support Gear VR.  They did check and reinstall all my Oculus software but that did not fix anything.
  • Daniel202000Daniel202000 Posts: 1
    NerveGear

THIS HAPPENED TO ME A FEW TIME AGAIN, AND THE OPTION OF AN UPDATE APPEARED, AND OCULUS WORKED AGAIN, 2 WEEKS PASSED, AND THE UPDATE STOPPED TO WORK AGAIN, NOW WHEN YOU PLACE THE SWIMMING POOL. GALAXY S8 +, I WOULD LIKE THE OCULUS TO MANIFEST ABOUT THE PROBLEM.