cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitch Chat Overlay for Oculus ?

Drakeos
Protege
So any recommendation on what would be free/cheap tools to show twitch chat using oculus instead of steam (OVRDROP) or relying on laggy steamVR ?
7 REPLIES 7

lenne0815
Adventurer
just pin a browser window.

Blither86
Honored Guest

lenne0815 said:

just pin a browser window.

Please could you elaborate on what you mean here?

I just began streaming HL: Alyx yesterday and I would love to be able to read chat so that I can respond to viewers.  Is "pinning a browser window" something that could help with that, please?

Blither86
Honored Guest
If anyone else has any suggestions for how I can see viewer chat whilst streaming, without paying £10, it would be very gratefully received.  I am not going to make money from streaming and £10 feels like quite a lot to pay at this point.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont know of any free options sorry - but 10$ to do something on the side for fun doesn't sound bad.

Digikid1
Consultant
SCOTCHBOXVR uses LIV from steam.  Try that.

Netheri
Rising Star
Go for the LIV Streamerkit. It works on any SteamVR title. You might get it to work on some Oculus exclusives games also, if you run them through SteamVR and Revive.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Blither86
Honored Guest
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. It will make a big difference for me. I don't think i will do enough streaming to make it worth spending money on but nice to know there is an option there! Hoping to do more steams of Alyx mods soon.