New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Wrong default front direction and sensors location can't be fixed

onyxleeonyxlee Posts: 10
Brain Burst
edited February 6 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Hey guys, I have been stuck in this situation for a long long time. Maybe you can shed some light?
So, my default forward (front) direction in the "reset sensor" setting is totally backwards, and I tried to follow the instruction by pressing a button when facing front has no effect at all, I then tried to reset the guardian area, and noticed this:
While my sensors are actually at the both sides of my monitor, the software thinks they are behind me.
That's why resetting the sensors or guardian never works.
What should I do to fix this issue? Thank you so much!
(I understand that you can reset view in the dash board, but it's just super inconvenient to do it for every app, every time.)

Answers

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,204 Volunteer Moderator
    If you go through the whole setup process again, it will ask you to point to your front direction. I had this happen recently when unplugging and replugging a sensor—my whole Guardian flipped 180 degrees, and redoing my Guardian didn’t fix it. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • onyxleeonyxlee Posts: 10
    Brain Burst
    Thanks, do you mean I need to uninstall and reinstall the whole Oculus driver and rerun the setup from the beginning? Thanks again! :-)
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,204 Volunteer Moderator
    No, just the full hardware setup part that you do after installing the software. I'm not in front of my VR PC, but there should be an option in the menus to go through the full setup of your Rift.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0