New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Tracking issues after V13

KobriKobri Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello guys,

The "tracking lost" bug after waking up is much more infrequent now, however a new one has emerged which is very irritating because it occurs while playing

There are frequent losses of tracking without the "tracking lost" message, just a black screen with the guardian popping up in full intensity and then when tracking is regained and the world is rendered as normal, guardian stays lit for a second or two before fading away

Comments

• alex_beyondalex_beyond Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    we hare having the exact same issue with the new version
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,203 Volunteer Moderator
    Try doing a full shutdown and reboot, that usually fixes things when my Quest starts acting funny. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • sstreddsstredd Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am also having this issue. Lots of people on Reddit reporting the same.
    i basically cannot use my quest.
  • Moto13kMoto13k Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    edited February 18
    same issue, V13 is a disaster as far as reliability goes, fix this please. 

• Moto13kMoto13k Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    edited February 18
    nalex66 said:
    Try doing a full shutdown and reboot, that usually fixes things when my Quest starts acting funny. 

This works, however personally i find having to restart daily or multiple times daily extremely annoying. 

The Quest should not act funny. The purpose of ease of entry VR is i can just put the headset on and go. Not tinker and reboot all the time like it's a windows ME PC.

• Yobiwan29Yobiwan29 Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    Same here. A disaster. I had the exact same issue months ago and some updates fixed it. But now I can't play anymore... I'm on the fence about buying a Rift S and selling this piece of garbage.
    Oculus Quest - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i7 8700 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz - Aorus GTX 1080Ti - Crucial MX300 500Go + 1To - Corsair RM650X 80+ gold