New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

home environment issue since ver. 13 on quest

crayloscraylos Posts: 2
NerveGear
I have just updated my quest to ver.13, but now I can't get the home environment loaded unless I disable the guardian/tracking??
Does anyone know how I can sort this out, please?
thanks
Karl

Answers

• Crazy_SaneCrazy_Sane Posts: 355
    Trinity
    More info would be helpful. Is the guardian caught in some sort of loop? Is the screen just black? Is there a message?...
  • crayloscraylos Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    When the quest boots up, there is just a black border around the dashboard/store etc... , but if i switch off the guardian or tracking the home environment reappears?  Its only since i updated yesterday to version 13. 

Thanks
    Karl
  • Crazy_SaneCrazy_Sane Posts: 355
    Trinity
    It sounds like a bug to me, but you could try changing the home environment. If you go into settings> environments and try changing the home setting it might help.
  • AirthumbsAirthumbs Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    It sounds like a bug to me, but you could try changing the home environment. If you go into settings> environments and try changing the home setting it might help.

The new build version 16 requires an internet connection to change the virtual environment. I am not sure why as I downloaded some environments onto my headset. I tried to change the virtual environment and although the headset is connected I am getting a message telling me there is no internet connection.  I checked the wireless, it has a 144mb connection with an excellent signal. I am also downloading an app from the home page as I write this. But still getting a message indicating there is no internet connection from the virtual environment tab.